Cycles, Syllogisms and Semantics: Examining the Idea of Spurious Cycles
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pollock D. S. G., 2013. "Cycles, Syllogisms and Semantics: Examining the Idea of Spurious Cycles," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 81-102, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- Chan, K Hung & Hayya, Jack C & Ord, J Keith, 1977. "A Note on Trend Removal Methods: The Case of Polynomial Regression versus Variate Differencing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 737-744, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michal Andrle & Jan Bruha & Serhat Solmaz, 2016.
"On the Sources of Business Cycles: Implications for DSGE Models,"
2016/03, Czech National Bank.
- Andrle, Michal & Brůha, Jan & Solmaz, Serhat, 2017. "On the sources of business cycles: implications for DSGE models," Working Paper Series 2058, European Central Bank.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:35-:d:160445 is not listed on IDEAS
- Escañuela Romana, Ignacio, 2016.
"Azar, Determinismo e Indecidibilidad en la Teoría del Ciclo Económico
[Randomness, Determinism and Undecidability in the Business Cycle Theory]," MPRA Paper 72978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ignacio Escañuela ROMANA, 2016.
"Randomness, Determinism and Undecidability in the Economic Cycle Theory,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 638-658, December.
- Escañuela Romana, Ignacio, 2016. "Randomness, Determinism and Undecidability in the Economic cycle Theory," MPRA Paper 74646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sartorello Spinola, Danilo, 2018. "Instability constraints and development traps: An empirical analysis of growth cycles and economic volatility in Latin America," MERIT Working Papers 002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Michal Andrle & Jan Bruha & Serhat Solmaz, 2016. "Output and Inflation Co-movement; An Update on Business-Cycle Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 16/241, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:spr:jbuscr:v:12:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s41549-016-0003-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness cycles; linear filters; spurious fluctuations;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:14/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Abbie Sleath). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .