Optimal income taxation in the presence of tax evasion: Expected utility versus prospect theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ali al-Nowaihi & Sanjit Dhami, 2010. "Probability Weighting Functions," Discussion Papers in Economics 10/10, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Claude D'Aspremont & Louis Gevers, 1977.
"Equity and the Informational Basis of Collective Choice,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 199-209.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & GEVERS, Louis, 1977. "Equity and the informational basis of collective choice," CORE Discussion Papers RP 350, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhami, Sanjit & al-Nowaihi, Ali, 2013.
"An extension of the Becker proposition to non-expected utility theory,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 10-20.
- Sanjit Dhami & Ali al-Nowaihi, 2011. "An extension of the Becker proposition to non-expected utility theory," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/41, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Giuseppe Ciccarone & Enrico Marchetti, 2011.
"Macroeconomic effects of loss aversion in a signal extraction model,"
148, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Enrico Marchetti & Giuseppe Ciccarone, 2012. "Macroeconomic effects of loss aversion in a signal extraction model," EcoMod2012 4119, EcoMod.
More about this item
KeywordsProspect theory; Expected utility theory; Tax evasion; Optimal taxation; Normative versus positive economics; Context dependent preferences; Liberalism; Paternalism;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2007-10-06 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2007-10-06 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2007-10-06 (Public Finance)
- NEP-UPT-2007-10-06 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:07/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .