Coordination Costs: A Drawback for Research Joint Ventures?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beath, John & Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna & Ulph, David, 1998. "Organization Design and Information-Sharing in a Research Joint Venture with Spillovers," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 47-59, January.
- Poyago-Theotoky, Joanna, 1995. "Equilibrium and Optimal Size of a Research Joint Venture in an Oligopoly with Spillovers," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 209-226, June.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1992. "Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in an Oligopoly with Spillovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1307-1320, December.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, December.
- Jon Vilasuso & Mark R. Frascatore, 2000. "Public policy and R&D when research joint ventures are costly," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 818-839, August.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, Eitan & Zang, Israel, 1992. "Research Joint Ventures and R&D Cartels," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1293-1306, December.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 1999. "A Note on Endogenous Spillovers in a Non-Tournament R & D Duopoly," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 253-262, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar & Manant, Matthieu, 2010.
"Size of RJVs and Degree of Cooperation in Product Development,"
Working Paper Series
rwp10-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar & Manant, Matthieu, 2010. "Size of RJVs and Degree of Cooperation in Product Development," Scholarly Articles 4621101, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Simona Fabrizi & Steffen Lippert, 2012.
"Due Diligence, Research Joint Ventures, and Incentives to Innovate,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 168(4), pages 588-611, December.
- Fabrizi, Simona & Lippert, Steffen, 2011. "Due diligence, research joint ventures, and incentives to innovate," MPRA Paper 33207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simona Fabrizi & Steffen Lippert, 2011. "Due diligence, research joint ventures, and incentives to innovate," Working Papers 1113, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2011.
More about this item
Keywordsresearch joint venture; coordination costs; equilibrium size; optimal size;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-02-19 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2006-02-19 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2006-02-19 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lbo:lbowps:2006_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Huw Edwards). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delbouk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.