Mandated Annuities in Switzerland
Switzerland is one of the few countries with a relatively mature funded pension scheme. This paper offers a short description of the Swiss system, highlighting two specific areas for which previous experience is particularly valuable. Taking the Swiss example, firstly, it illustrates the importance of prudential regulation and adequate transparency standards. Secondly, the paper explores the impact of different pay-out options in a mandatory second pillar.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Developing an Annuity Market in Europe, Fornero E. and Luciano E. (eds), Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, January 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hurd, M., 1999.
"Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys,"
99-02, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Household Surveys," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 111-36, December.
- Michael D. Hurd, 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys," Working Papers 99-02, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Falkinger, Josef, 1996.
"Retirement of spouses and social security reform,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 449-472, February.
- E. Philip Davis, 2002. "Issues in the Regulation of Annuities Markets," CeRP Working Papers 26, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Queisser, Monika & Vittas, Dimitri, 2000. "The Swiss multi-pillar pension system : triumph of common sense?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2416, The World Bank.
- Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2001. "Naive Diversification Strategies in Defined Contribution Saving Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 79-98, March.
- Monika Bütler, 2002. "Flexibility and Redistribution in Old Age Insurance," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(IV), pages 427-437, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lau:crdeep:03.08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.