Flexibility and Redistribution in Old Age Insurance
The reform of old age insurance is one of the pressing problems of Swiss Society. A key policy issue in the ongoing debate is flexibility to better suit the different individual needs of pensioners. This paper argues that more flexible retirement options can have strong impacts on both the solvency of a pension system and the distribution between and within generations.
Volume (Year): 138 (2002)
Issue (Month): IV (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hurd, Michael D, 1999.
"Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Household Surveys,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 111-36, December.
- Michael D. Hurd, 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys," Working Papers 99-02, RAND Corporation.
- Hurd, M., 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys," Papers 99-02, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Hilary W. Hoynes, 1995.
"Differential Mortality and Wealth Accumulation,"
NBER Working Papers
5126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O. Attanasio & H. W. Hoynes, . "Differential mortality and wealth accumulation," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1079-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Falkinger, Josef, 1996.
"Retirement of spouses and social security reform,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 449-472, February.
- Amy Finkelstein & James Poterba, 1999. "Selection Effects in the Market for Individual Annuities: New Evidence from the United Kingdom," NBER Working Papers 7168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2001. "Naive Diversification Strategies in Defined Contribution Saving Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 79-98, March.
- Hurd, Michael & Panis, Constantijn, 2006. "The choice to cash out pension rights at job change or retirement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2213-2227, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2002-iv-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.