Flexibility and Redistribution in Old Age Insurance
The reform of old age insurance is one of the pressing problems of Swiss Society. A key policy issue in the ongoing debate is flexibility to better suit the different individual needs of pensioners. This paper argues that more flexible retirement options can have strong impacts on both the solvency of a pension system and the distribution between and within generations.
Volume (Year): 138 (2002)
Issue (Month): IV (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- O. Attanasio & H. W. Hoynes, .
"Differential mortality and wealth accumulation,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1079-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Amy Finkelstein & James Poterba, 1999. "Selection Effects in the Market for Individual Annuities: New Evidence from the United Kingdom," NBER Working Papers 7168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1999.
"Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Household Surveys,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 111-36, December.
- Hurd, M., 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys," Papers 99-02, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Michael D. Hurd, 1999. "Anchoring and Acquiescence Bias in Measuring Assets in Households Surveys," Working Papers 99-02, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Falkinger, Josef, 1996.
"Retirement of spouses and social security reform,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 449-472, February.
- Hurd, Michael & Panis, Constantijn, 2006. "The choice to cash out pension rights at job change or retirement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2213-2227, December.
- Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2001. "Naive Diversification Strategies in Defined Contribution Saving Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 79-98, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2002-iv-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.