Effect of Capitalizing Operating Leases on Credit Ratings:Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kusano, Masaki, 2018. "Effect of capitalizing operating leases on credit ratings: Evidence from Japan," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 45-56.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rolf Uwe Fülbier & Jorge Lirio Silva & Marc Henrik Pferdehirt, 2008. "Impact of Lease Capitalization on Financial Ratios of Listed German Companies," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 60(2), pages 122-144, April.
- Ashbaugh-Skaife, Hollis & Collins, Daniel W. & LaFond, Ryan, 2006. "The effects of corporate governance on firms' credit ratings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 203-243, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:3-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lim, Steve C. & Mann, Steven C. & Mihov, Vassil T., 2017. "Do operating leases expand credit capacity? Evidence from borrowing costs and credit ratings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 100-114.
- Vivien Beattie & Alan Goodacre & Sarah Thomson, 2000. "Recognition versus Disclosure: An Investigation of the Impact on Equity Risk Using UK Operating Lease Disclosures," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(9&10), pages 1185-1224.
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:12:y:2016:i:1:p:73-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i:2:p:397-415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Partha Sengupta & Zheng Wang, 2011. "Pricing of off‐balance sheet debt: how do bond market participants use the footnote disclosures on operating leases and postretirement benefit plans?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 51(3), pages 787-808, September.
- Hamada, Robert S, 1969. "Portfolio Analysis, Market Equilibrium and Corporation Finance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 13-31, March.
- Rubinstein, Mark E, 1973. "A Mean-Variance Synthesis of Corporate Financial Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 167-181, March.
- Bowman, Robert G, 1979. "The Theoretical Relationship between Systematic Risk and Financial (Accounting) Variables," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 617-630, June.
- Mary E. Barth & Greg Clinch & Toshi Shibano, 2003. "Market Effects of Recognition and Disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 581-609, September.
- Robert Libby & Scott A. Emett, 2014. "Earnings presentation effects on manager reporting choices and investor decisions," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 410-438, August.
- Elisabetta Barone & Jacqueline Birt & Soledad Moya, 2014. "Lease Accounting: A Review of Recent Literature," Accounting in Europe, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 35-54, June.
- Hamada, Robert S, 1972. "The Effect of the Firm's Capital Structure on the Systematic Risk of Common Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 435-452, May.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Shana M. Clor-Proell & Laureen A. Maines, 2014. "The Impact of Recognition Versus Disclosure on Financial Information: A Preparer's Perspective," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 671-701, June.
- Kaplan, Robert S & Urwitz, Gabriel, 1979. "Statistical Models of Bond Ratings: A Methodological Inquiry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 231-261, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:4:y:1966:i::p:44-62 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masaki KUSANO & Yoshihiro SAKUMA, "undated". "Effects of Recognition versus Disclosure of Finance Leases on Audit Fees and Costs: Evidence from Japan," Discussion papers e-18-004, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
- Masaki Kusano, 2017. "Does Recognition versus Disclosure Affect Risk Relevance? Evidence from Finance Leases in Japan," Discussion papers e-17-007, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
More about this item
KeywordsConstructive Capitalization; Operating Leases; Risk Relevance; Reliability;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kue:epaper:e-16-016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graduate School of Economics Project Center). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fekyojp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.