Shocks, stocks and socks: smoothing consumption over a temporary income loss
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley, 2009. "Shocks, Stocks, and Socks: Smoothing Consumption Over a Temporary Income Loss," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(6), pages 1169-1192, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley & Guglielmo Weber, 2003.
"Asking consumption questions in general purpose surveys,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 540-567, November.
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley & Gugliemo Weber, 2002. "Asking Consumption Questions in General Purpose Surveys," CAM Working Papers 2002-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Martin Browning & Thomas F. Crossley & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "Asking Consumption Questions in General Purpose Surveys," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 77, McMaster University.
- Margaret Grosh & Paul Glewwe, 2000. "Designing Household Survey Questionnaires for Developing Countries," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 25338, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luisa Natali & Marta Moratti, 2012. "Measuring Household Welfare: Short versus long consumption modules," Papers inwopa671, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Joachim K. Winter, 2014.
"Asking Households about Expenditures: What Have We Learned?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Improving the Measurement of Consumer Expenditures, pages 23-50,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Joachim K. Winter, 2013. "Asking Households About Expenditures: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 19543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roopali Goyanka & Charu C. Garg & Sheela Prasad, 2019. "Impoverishment Due to Out-of-pocket Health Expenditures: Measurement and Comparison Across Different Surveys in India," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 13(2), pages 121-134, August.
- Martin Browning & Thomas Crossley, 2003. "Shocks, Stocks and Socks," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-07, McMaster University.
- John A. Maluccio, 2009.
"Household targeting in practice: The Nicaraguan Red de Protección Social,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- John Maluccio, 2008. "Household Targeting In Practice: The Nicaraguan Red De Protección Social," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0802, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Gunther Bensch & Jörg Peters, 2013. "Alleviating Deforestation Pressures? Impacts of Improved Stove Dissemination on Charcoal Consumption in Urban Senegal," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 676-698.
- Savignac, Frédérique & Arrondel, Luc & Lamarche, Pierre, 2015.
"Wealth effects on consumption across the wealth distribution: empirical evidence,"
Working Paper Series
1817, European Central Bank.
- Luc Arrondel & Pierre Lamarche & Frédérique Savignac, 2015. "Wealth Effects on Consumption across the Wealth Distribution: Empirical Evidence," Working Papers halshs-01168660, HAL.
- Luc Arrondel & Pierre Lamarche & Frédérique Savignac, 2015. "Wealth Effects on Consumption across the Wealth Distribution: Empirical Evidence," PSE Working Papers halshs-01168660, HAL.
- L. Arrondel & P. Lamarche & F. Savignac, 2015. "Wealth Effects on Consumption across the Wealth Distribution: Empirical Evidence," Working papers 552, Banque de France.
- Barik, Debasis & Desai, Sonalde & Vanneman, Reeve, 2018. "Economic Status and Adult Mortality in India: Is the Relationship Sensitive to Choice of Indicators?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 176-187.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013.
"Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 73-93, March.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Ben Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013. "Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia," Post-Print hal-01498257, HAL.
- Sem J. Duijndam & W. J. Wouter Botzen & Liselotte C. Hagedoorn & Philip Bubeck & Toon Haer & My Pham & Jeroen C. J. H. Aerts, 2023. "Drivers of migration intentions in coastal Vietnam under increased flood risk from sea level rise," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 176(2), pages 1-22, February.
- Cristina Barceló, 2008. "The impact of alternative imputation methods on the measurement of income and wealth: Evidence from the Spanish survey of household finances," Working Papers 0829, Banco de España.
- Van Landeghem, Bert & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2018.
"The relationship between status and happiness: Evidence from the caste system in rural India,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 62-71.
- Bert Van Landeghem & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2017. "The relationship between status and happiness: evidence from the caste system in rural India," Working Papers of LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 610139, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- van Landeghem, Bert & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2017. "The Relationship between Status and Happiness: Evidence from the Caste System in Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 11099, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & Xu, Sijia, 2018.
"Impact of Electrification on Children’s Nutritional Status in Rural Bangladesh,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 315-330.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & XU, Sijia, 2016. "Impact of electrification on children's nutritional status in rural Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 579, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ramy Mohamed Ghazy & Malik Sallam & Rasha Ashmawy & Amira Mohamed Elzorkany & Omar Ahmed Reyad & Noha Alaa Hamdy & Heba Khedr & Rasha Ali Mosallam, 2023. "Catastrophic Costs among Tuberculosis-Affected Households in Egypt: Magnitude, Cost Drivers, and Coping Strategies," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 20(3), pages 1-14, February.
- Bruce Headey, 2008. "Poverty Is Low Consumption and Low Wealth, Not Just Low Income," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 23-39, October.
- Leandro De Magalhães & Dongya Koh & Raül Santaeulàlia-Llopis, 2016. "Consumption and Expenditure in Sub-Saharan Africa," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 16/677, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK, revised 07 Oct 2016.
- Marta Lachowska, 2013. "Expenditure, Confidence, and Uncertainty: Identifying Shocks to Consumer Confidence Using Daily Data," Upjohn Working Papers 13-197, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Reena Badiani & Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan & K P C Rao, 2007. "Changes in Living Standards in Villages in India 1975-2004: Revisiting the ICRISAT Village Level Studies," Working Papers id:1172, eSocialSciences.
- Sawada Yasuyuki & Sugawara Shinya & Shoji Masahiro & Shinkai Naoko, 2014.
"The Role of Infrastructure in Mitigating Poverty Dynamics: The Case of an Irrigation Project in Sri Lanka,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3), pages 1-28, July.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Shoji, Masahiro & Sugawara, Shinya & Shinkai, Naoko, 2009. "The Role of Infrastructure in Mitigating Poverty Dynamics: The Case of an Irrigation Project in Sri Lanka," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51461, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Shoji, Masahiro & Sugawara, Shinya & Shinkai, Naoko, 2010. "The Role of Infrastructure in Mitigating Poverty Dynamics:The Case of an Irrigation Project in Sri Lanka," Working Papers 4, JICA Research Institute.
- Dupre, Samuel I. & Harvey, Celia A. & Holland, Margaret B., 2022. "The impact of coffee leaf rust on migration by smallholder coffee farmers in Guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 156(C).
More about this item
Keywordsconsumption; expenditure; durables; unemployment; unemployment insurance;
All these keywords.
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuieca:2004_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/camkudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Thomas Hoffmann (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/camkudk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.