Firm Exit and Exchange Rates: An Examination with Turkish Firm-Level Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Greene, 2001.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Nonlinear Models,"
01-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Greene, W., 2001. "Fixed and Random Effects in Nonlinear Models," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 01-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1989.
"Symmetric pass-through of tariffs and exchange rates under imperfect competition: An empirical test,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 25-45, August.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1987. "Symmetric Pass-Through of Tariffs and Exchange Rates Under Imperfect Competition: An Empirical Test," NBER Working Papers 2453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomlin, Ben, 2014.
"Exchange rate fluctuations, plant turnover and productivity,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 12-28.
- Ben Tomlin, 2010. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Plant Turnover and Productivity," Staff Working Papers 10-18, Bank of Canada.
- Asaf Akat & Ege Yazgan, 2013. "Observations on Turkey’s Recent Economic Performance," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Bergin, Paul R. & Feenstra, Robert C., 2000. "Staggered price setting, translog preferences, and endogenous persistence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 657-680, June.
- Jen Baggs & Eugene Beaulieu & Loretta Fung, 2009. "Firm survival, performance, and the exchange rate," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 393-421, May.
- John Baldwin & Beiling Yan, 2012.
"Export Market Dynamics and Plant-Level Productivity: Impact of Tariff Reductions and Exchange-Rate Cycles,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(3), pages 831-855, September.
- Baldwin, John R. & Yan, Beiling, 2010. "Export Market Dynamics and Plant-level Productivity: Impact of Tariff Reductions and Exchange Rate Cycles," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2010063e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003.
"The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 2004. "Why Some Firms Export," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 561-569, May.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Richard Kneller, 2004. "Does Exporting Increase Productivity? A Microeconometric Analysis of Matched Firms," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 855-866, November.
- Roberts, Mark J & Tybout, James R, 1997. "The Decision to Export in Colombia: An Empirical Model of Entry with Sunk Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 545-564, September.
- Loretta Fung, 2008. "Large real exchange rate movements, firm dynamics, and productivity growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 391-424, May.
- Li, Hongbin & Ma, Hong & Xu, Yuan, 2015. "How do exchange rate movements affect Chinese exports? — A firm-level investigation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 148-161.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Firm Exit and Exchange Rates: An Examination with Turkish Firm-Level Data
by pmakdissi in NEP-ARA blog on 2014-08-25 11:04:24
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate; firm-level; export; emerging markets; survival.;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2014-03-30 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2014-03-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INT-2014-03-30 (International Trade)
- NEP-OPM-2014-03-30 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koc:wpaper:1411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sumru Oz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dekoctr.html .