Firm survival, performance, and the exchange rate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik, 2004.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers Through Backward Linkages,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 605-627, June.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "Does foreign direct investment increase the productivity of domestic firms : in search of spillovers through backward linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2923, The World Bank.
- Beata K. Smarzynska, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers through Backward Linkages," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 548, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Holger Görg & Frances Ruane, 2000. "An Analysis of Backward Linkages in the Irish Electronics Sector," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 31(3), pages 215-235.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomlin, Ben, 2014.
"Exchange rate fluctuations, plant turnover and productivity,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 12-28.
- Ben Tomlin, 2010. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Plant Turnover and Productivity," Staff Working Papers 10-18, Bank of Canada.
- Heiwai Tang & Yifan Zhang, 2012.
"Exchange Rates and the Margins of Trade: Evidence from Chinese Exporters,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 58(4), pages 671-702, December.
- Heiwai Tang & Yifan Zhang, 2011. "Exchange Rates and the Margins of Trade: Evidence from Chinese Exporters," Working Papers 392011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Jen Baggs & Eugene Beaulieu & Loretta Fung, 2014. "Persistent Effects Of Transitory Exchange Rate Shocks On Firm Dynamics," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 334-350, April.
- Jen Baggs & Eugene Beaulieu & Loretta Fung & Beverly Lapham, 2016. "Firm Dynamics in Retail Trade: The Response of Canadian Retailers to Exchange Rate Shocks," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 635-666, August.
- SEGERSTROM, Paul S. & SUGITA, Yoichi, 2018. "A Solution to the Melitz-Trefler Puzzle," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-63, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ben Tomlin & Loretta Fung, 2015.
"Exchange Rate Movements and the Distribution of Productivity,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 782-809, September.
- Ben Tomlin & Loretta Fung, 2010. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Movements on Heterogeneous Plants: A Quantile Regression Analysis," Staff Working Papers 10-25, Bank of Canada.
- David UMORU & Adaobi S. OSEME, 2013. "Trade Flows and Exchange Rate Shocks in Nigeria: An Empirical Result," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 948-977, July.
- Fatum, Rasmus & Liu, Runjuan & Tong, Jiadong & Xu, Jiayun, 2015. "Beggar thy neighbor or beggar thy domestic firms? evidence from 2000-2011 Chinese customs data," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 257, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Marina-Eliza Spaliara & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2016.
"Firm Survival, Uncertainty, And Financial Frictions: Is There A Financial Uncertainty Accelerator?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 375-390, January.
- Byrne, Joseph P & Spaliara, Marina-Eliza & Serafeim, Tsoukas, 2014. "Firm survival, uncertainty and financial frictions: Is there a financial uncertainty accelerator?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-62, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Byrne, Joseph P & Spaliara, Marina-Eliza & Serafeim, Tsoukas, 2015. "Firm survival, uncertainty and financial frictions: Is there a financial uncertainty accelerator?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-68, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Joseph P. Byrne & Marina-Eliza Spaliara & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2015. "Firm survival, uncertainty and Financial frictions: Is there a Financial uncertainty accelerator?," Heriot-Watt University Economics Discussion Papers 1506, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Marina-Eliza Spaliara & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2015. "Firm survival, uncertainty and financial frictions: Is there a financial uncertainty accelerator?," Working Papers 2015_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Xu, Jiayun & Mao, Qilin & Tong, Jiadong, 2016. "The impact of exchange rate movements on multi-product firms' export performance: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 46-62.
- John Baldwin & Beiling Yan, 2011. "The death of Canadian manufacturing plants: heterogeneous responses to changes in tariffs and real exchange rates," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(1), pages 131-167, April.
- Marina-Eliza Spaliara & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2009.
"The role of bond finance in firms' survival during the Asian crisis,"
Discussion Paper Series
2009_17, Department of Economics, Loughborough University.
- Marina-Eliza Spaliara & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2010. "The Role of Bond Finance in Firms' Survival During the Asian Crisis," Working Papers 032010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Marjan Nasir, 2014. "The Effect of Trade Liberalization on Firm Entry and Exit in Punjab, Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 67-89, Jan-June.
- Ekholm, Karolina & Moxnes, Andreas & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen Helene, 2012.
"Manufacturing restructuring and the role of real exchange rate shocks,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 101-117.
- Ekholm, Karolina & Moxnes, Andreas & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene, 2008. "Manufacturing Restructuring and the Role of Real Exchange Rate Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 6904, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jen Baggs & Loretta Fung & Beverly Lapham, 2015. "Exchange Rates, Cross-Border Travel, and Retailers: Theory and Empirics," Working Papers 1351, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Xiaobing, 2017. "Exchange rate movements and export market dynamics: Evidence from China," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:eee:chieco:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:168-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Azam Chaudhry & Marjan Nasir & Maryiam Haroon, 2012. "The Birth of Exporters: Entry and Scale of Firms in Punjab’s Export Sectors," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 17(Special E), pages 191-212, September.
- Toraganlı, Nazlı & Yazgan, M. Ege, 2016. "Exchange rates and firm survival: An examination with Turkish firm-level data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 433-443.
- Nazli Karamollaoglu & M. Ege Yazgan, 2014. "Firm Exit and Exchange Rates: An Examination with Turkish Firm-Level Data," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1411, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Spaliara, Marina-Eliza & Tsoukas, Serafeim, 2013. "What matters for corporate failures in Asia? Exploring the role of firm-specific characteristics during the Asian crisis," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 83-96.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/15237 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:42:y:2009:i:2:p:393-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .