Industry profits and free entry in input markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Ping, 2006. "Strategic spin-offs of input divisions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 977-993, May.
- Naylor, Robin A., 2002. "Industry profits and competition under bilateral oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 169-175, October.
- Henrick Horn & Asher Wolinsky, 1988. "Bilateral Monopolies and Incentives for Merger," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 408-419, Autumn.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1995. "The Role of Free Entry in an Oligopolistic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 609-624, August.
- Michael A. Salinger, 1988. "Vertical Mergers and Market Foreclosure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(2), pages 345-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erotokritos Varelas, 2014. "Bank structure and public debt," Discussion Paper Series 2014_06, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Sep 2014.
- Naylor, Robin A & Soegaard, Christian, 2014. "The Effects of Entry in Oligopoly with Bargained Wages," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Naylor, Robin & Soegaard, Christian, 2014. "The Effects of Entry in Oligopoly with Bargained Wages," Economic Research Papers 270239, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Fanti, Luciano & Meccheri, Nicola, 2014. "Profits and competition under alternative technologies in a unionized duopoly with product differentiation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 157-168.
- Tomomichi Mizuno, 2009. "Divisionalization And Horizontal Mergers In A Vertical Relationship," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(3), pages 317-336, June.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Laixun Zhao, 2010. "Multimarket linkages, buyer power, and the productivity puzzle," ISER Discussion Paper 0797, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Yamada, Mai, 2016. "The Optimal Trading Partner for an Upstream Monopolist," MPRA Paper 70325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ioannis Pinopoulos, 2014. "Downstream Market Power and the Lerner Index," Discussion Paper Series 2014_07, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2014.
- Ioannis N. Pinopoulos, 2011. "Input foreclosure under alternative entry conditions in the upstream market," Discussion Paper Series 2011_15, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2011.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, 2009.
"The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 189-201, December.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, "undated". "The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market," Discussion Papers 08/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Ioannis N. Pinopoulos, 2014. "Equilibrium downstream mark-up and upstream free entry," Discussion Paper Series 2014_02, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Sep 2014.
- Franz Wirl, 2015. "Downstream and upstream oligopolies when retailer’s effort matters," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 99-127, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCournot competition; input markets; free entry; profits;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kbb:dpaper:2005-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yasuyuki Miyahara). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bskobjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.