Local Firms in Latecomer Developing Countries amidst China's Rise -The case of Vietnam's motorcycle industry-
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Melanie Beresford & Dang Phong, 2000. "Economic Transition in Vietnam," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2291.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fujita, Mai, 2008. "Value Chain Dynamics and Growth of Local Firms:The Case of Motorcycle Industry in Vietnam," IDE Discussion Papers 161, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Charles Gore, 2017. "Late industrialisation, urbanisation and the middle-income trap: an analytical approach and the case of Vietnam," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 10(1), pages 35-57.
- Vy Dang Bich Huynh & Phuc Van Nguyen & Quyen Le Hoang Thuy To Nguyen & Phong Thanh Nguyen & Phong Thanh Nguyen, 2017. "China Trade Expansion: A Case Study of Vietnam," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 129-132.
- Myo Myo Myint & Rajah Rasiah & Kuppusamy Singaravelloo, 2015. "Globalization of industrialization and its impact on clothing workers in Myanmar," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 100-110, January.
- Francesco Schettino & Alberto Gabriele, 2008. "Child malnutrition and mortality in China and Vietnam in a comparative perspective," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 29-59, March.
- Masayoshi Maruyama & Le Viet Trung, 2011. "Modern Retailers in Transition Economies: The Case of Vietnam," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-08, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Sepehri, A. & Akram-Lodhi, A.H., 2002. "A crouching tiger? A hidden dragon? Transition, savings and growth in Vietnam, 1975-2006," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19104, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:470695 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Phuc Van & Huynh, Vy Dang Bich & Nguyen, Phong Thanh & Nguyen, Quyen Le Hoang Thuy To, 2017. "Measuring production efficiency level of Vietnam for inputs imported from China," MPRA Paper 96585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angie Ngoc Tran & Irene Nørlund, 2015. "Globalization, industrialization, and labor markets in Vietnam," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 143-163, January.
- Chi, Do Quynh., 2012. "Employee participation in Viet Nam," ILO Working Papers 994706953402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal value chain; Motorcycle industry; Vietnam; China; Upgrading; Motorcycles; 国際価値連鎖; 二輪車産業; ベトナム; 中国; 高度化; オートバイ;
All these keywords.
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2007-04-21 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2007-04-21 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2007-04-21 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2007-04-21 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TID-2007-04-21 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sho Enomoto (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.