A spectral perspective on excess volatility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mundt, Philipp & Förster, Niels & Alfarano, Simone & Milakovi?, Mishael, 2014.
"The real versus the financial economy: A global tale of stability versus volatility,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 8, pages 1-26.
- Alfarano, Simone & Förster, Niels & Milaković, Mishael & Mundt, Philipp, 2013. "The real versus the financial economy: A global tale of stability versus volatility," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-8, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alfarano, Simone & Milaković, Mishael & Irle, Albrecht & Kauschke, Jonas, 2012.
"A statistical equilibrium model of competitive firms,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 136-149.
- Irle, Albrecht & Milaković, Mishael & Alfarano, Simone & Kauschke, Jonas, 2008. "A Statistical Equilibrium Model of Competitive Firms," Economics Working Papers 2008-10, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- G. Livan & S. Alfarano & E. Scalas, 2011.
"The fine structure of spectral properties for random correlation matrices: an application to financial markets,"
- Livan, Giacomo & Alfarano, Simone & Scalas, Enrico, 2011. "The fine structure of spectral properties for random correlation matrices: an application to financial markets," MPRA Paper 28964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toda, Alexis Akira, 2012. "The double power law in income distribution: Explanations and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 364-381.
- Bottazzi, Giulio & Secchi, Angelo, 2003. "Why are distributions of firm growth rates tent-shaped?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 415-420, September.
More about this item
Keywordsexcess volatility; excess comovement; random matrix theory; profit rate; return on assets;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jau:wpaper:2014/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Aurora Garcia Gallego). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ueujies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.