Same Same But Different: Dialects and Trade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Volker Nitsch & Nikolaus Wolf, 2013.
"Tear down this wall: on the persistence of borders in trade,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(1), pages 154-179, February.
- Nitsch, Volker & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2009. "Tear Down this Wall : On the Persistence of Borders in Trade," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 919, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Volker Nitsch & Nikolaus Wolf, 2009. "Tear Down this Wall: On the Persistence of Borders in Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 2847, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nitsch, Volker & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2009. "Tear Down this Wall: On the Persistence of Borders in Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 7545, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nathan Nunn, 2007.
"Relationship-Specificity, Incomplete Contracts, and the Pattern of Trade,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 569-600.
- Nathan Nunn, 2005. "Relationship Specificity, Incomplete Contracts and the Pattern of Trade," International Trade 0512018, EconWPA.
- Nunn, Nathan, 2007. "Relationship-Specificity, Incomplete Contracts, and the Pattern of Trade," Scholarly Articles 4686801, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 7-35.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Haining & Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell, 2016. "Language and consumption," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 135-151.
- Ferdinand Rauch & Matthias Beestermoller, 2014.
"A Dissection of Trading Capital: Cultural persistence of trade in the aftermath of the fall of the Iron Curtain,"
Economics Series Working Papers
718, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beestermöller, Matthias & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2014. "A Dissection of Trading Capital: Cultural persistence of trade in the aftermath of the fall of the Iron Curtain," Discussion Papers in Economics 21688, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Delina E. Agnosteva & James E. Anderson & Yoto V. Yotov, 2014.
"Intra-national Trade Costs: Measurement and Aggregation,"
NBER Working Papers
19872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agnosteva, Delina E. & Anderson, James E. & Yotov, Yoto, 2014. "Intra‐national Trade Costs: Measurement and Aggregation," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2014-2, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Thilo R. Huning & Fabian Wahl, 2016. "You Reap What You Know: Observability of Soil Quality, and Political Fragmentation," Working Papers 0101, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:2018:n:414 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslanguage; culture; trade costs; gravity; dialects;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2013-05-19 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-05-19 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INT-2013-05-19 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .