Linking Individuals and Societies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillermina Jasso & Samuel Kotz, 2007.
"A new continuous distribution and two new families of distributions based on the exponential,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 61(3), pages 305-328.
- Jasso, Guillermina & Kotz, Samuel, 2007. "A New Continuous Distribution and Two New Families of Distributions Based on the Exponential," IZA Discussion Papers 2598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
More about this item
Keywordsidentity; happiness; probability distributions; personal quantitative characteristics; personal qualitative characteristics; lognormal distribution; Pareto distribution; status; power; justice; comparison; micro-macro link; deductive theory;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2009-07-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-07-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .