Earnings Mobility in Argentina, Mexico, and Venezuela: Testing the Divergence of Earnings and the Symmetry of Mobility Hypotheses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fields, Gary S., 2011. "Labor market analysis for developing countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 16-22.
- Viviane Azevedo & César P. Bouillon, 2009.
"Social Mobility in Latin America: A Review of Existing Evidence,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1656, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Viviane Azevedo & Cesar Bouillon, 2009. "Social Mobility in Latin America: A Review of Existing Evidence," Research Department Publications 4634, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Walter Sosa-Escudero & Mariana Marchionni & Omar Arias, 2011.
"Sources of Income Persistence: Evidence from Rural El Salvador,"
Journal of Income Distribution,
Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 20(1), pages 3-28, March.
- Walter Sosa-Escudero & Mariana Marchionni & Omar Arias, 2006. "Sources of Income Persistence: Evidence from Rural El Salvador," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0037, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Fields, Gary S. & Sánchez Puerta, María Laura, 2010.
"Earnings Mobility in Times of Growth and Decline: Argentina from 1996 to 2003,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 870-880, June.
- Fields, Gary S. & Sanchez Puerta, Maria Laura, 2008. "Earnings Mobility in Times of Growth and Decline: Argentina from 1996 to 2003," WIDER Working Paper Series 006, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Niny Khor & John Pencavel, 2006.
"Income mobility of individuals in China and the United States,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(3), pages 417-458, July.
- Khor, Niny & Pencavel, John, 2006. "Income Mobility of Individuals in China and the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 2003, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Niny Khor & John Pencavel, 2006. "Income Mobility of Individuals In China and the United States," Discussion Papers 05-009, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & McKenzie, David, 2014.
"Using repeated cross-sections to explore movements into and out of poverty,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 112-128.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & McKenzie, David, 2011. "Using repeated cross-sections to explore movements in and out of poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5550, The World Bank.
- Lisa M. Dragoset & Gary S. Fields, 2006. "U.S. Earnings Mobility: Comparing Survey-Based and Administrative-Based Estimates," Working Papers 55, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Perez, Victor, 2015. "Moving in and out of poverty in Mexico: What can we learn from pseudo-panel methods?," ISER Working Paper Series 2015-16, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsincome convergence; earnings mobility; Latin America;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-11-24 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2007-11-24 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .