Ethnic Differences in Duration and Timing of Exposure to Neighbourhood Disadvantage during Childhood
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Adelman, 2005. "The Roles of Race, Class, and Residential Preferences in the Neighborhood Racial Composition of Middle-Class Blacks and Whites," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 86(1), pages 209-228.
- Zorlu, Aslan & Mulder, Clara H. & van Gaalen, Ruben, 2014.
"Ethnic disparities in the transition to home ownership,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 151-163.
- Zorlu, Aslan & Mulder, Clara H. & van Gaalen, Ruben, 2014. "Ethnic Disparities in the Transition to Home Ownership," IZA Discussion Papers 8039, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tom Kleinepier & Helga A.G. De Valk, 2016. "Ethnic differences in family trajectories of young adult women in the Netherlands: Timing and sequencing of events," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(24), pages 671-710, September.
- Tom Kleinepier & Maarten van Ham, 2017.
"The temporal stability of children's neighborhood experiences: A follow-up from birth to age 15,"
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(59), pages 1813-1826, June.
- Kleinepier, Tom & van Ham, Maarten, 2017. "The Temporal Stability of Children's Neighborhood Experiences: A Follow-up from Birth to Age 15," IZA Discussion Papers 10696, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Geoffrey Wodtke, 2013. "Duration and Timing of Exposure to Neighborhood Poverty and the Risk of Adolescent Parenthood," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(5), pages 1765-1788, October.
- Andrew Abbott & Angela Tsay, 2000. "Sequence Analysis and Optimal Matching Methods in Sociology," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 29(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Zorlu, Aslan & Mulder, Clara H., 2010. "Location Choices of Migrant Nest-Leavers: Spatial Assimilation or Continued Segregation?," IZA Discussion Papers 5141, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Sampson & Patrick Sharkey, 2008. "Neighborhood selection and the social reproduction of concentrated racial inequality," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Gabadinho, Alexis & Ritschard, Gilbert & Müller, Nicolas S & Studer, Matthias, 2011. "Analyzing and Visualizing State Sequences in R with TraMineR," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 40(i04).
- Xavier de Souza Briggs & Benjamin J. Keys, 2009. "Has Exposure to Poor Neighbourhoods Changed in America? Race, Risk and Housing Locations in Two Decades," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 46(2), pages 429-458, February.
- repec:sae:envira:v:49:y:2017:i:9:p:2135-2154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Morris, 2017. "Examining the influence of major life events as drivers of residential mobility and neighbourhood transitions," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(35), pages 1015-1038, March.
More about this item
Keywordschildhood; ethnicity; life course; neighborhood; sequence analysis;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- P46 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-09-03 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-URE-2017-09-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10944. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .