Inequality Indices as Tests of Fairness
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Miles Corak, 2013.
"Income Inequality, Equality of Opportunity, and Intergenerational Mobility,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 79-102, Summer.
- Corak, Miles, 2013. "Income Inequality, Equality of Opportunity, and Intergenerational Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 7520, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cowell, Frank, 2011. "Measuring Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780199594047.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011.
"The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity: Theory And An Application To Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 622-657, December.
- Ferreira , Francisco H. G. & Gignoux, Jeremie, 2008. "The measurement of inequality of opportunity : theory and an application to Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4659, The World Bank.
- Ravi Kanbur & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2016.
"Dynastic inequality, mobility and equality of opportunity,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(4), pages 419-434, December.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2015. "Dynastic Inequality, Mobility And Equality Of Opportunity," Working Papers 250014, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2015. "Dynastic Inequality, Mobility and Equality of Opportunity," CEPR Discussion Papers 10542, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordssnapshot inequality indices; process versus outcomes; fair versus unfair process; likelihood ratio tests of fairness; Bayes Factor;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .