Culture and household decision making: Native and foreign-born couples' balance of power and labor supply choices in the US
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reggio, Iliana, 2011.
"The influence of the mother's power on her child's labor in Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 95-105, September.
- Reggio, Iliana, 2010. "The influence of the mother's power on her child's labor in Mexico," UC3M Working papers. Economics we101305, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Antecol, Heather, 2000. "An examination of cross-country differences in the gender gap in labor force participation rates," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 409-426, July.
- Francine D Blau & Lawrence M Kahn & Kerry L Papps, 2011. "Gender, Source Country Characteristics, and Labor Market Assimilation among Immigrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 43-58, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCulture; Household bargaining power; Labor supply.;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-10-15 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-10-15 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:2011-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ievages.html .