- A Difficulty With The Address Models Of Product Differentiation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Peitz, 1999. "A difficulty with the address models of product differentiation," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 14(3), pages 717-727.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
- Martin Peitz, 1998. "- Two-Stage Models Of Product Differentiation With Unit-Elastic Demand," Working Papers. Serie AD 1998-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Peitz, Martin, 1997.
"Differentiated Bertrand duopoly with variable demand,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 85-100, June.
- Martin Peitz, 1996. "Differentiated bertrand duopoly with variable demand," Working Papers. Serie AD 1996-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bockem, Sabine, 1994. "A Generalized Model of Horizontal Product Differentiation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 287-298, September.
- Caplin, Andrew & Nalebuff, Barry, 1991.
"Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Andrew Caplin & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 937, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Beath,John & Katsoulacos,Yannis, 1991. "The Economic Theory of Product Differentiation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521335263, March.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1991.
"Location Models of Horizontal Differentiation: A Special Case of Vertical Differentiation Models,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 383-390, June.
- CREMER, Helmuth & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1991. "Location models of horizontal differentiation: a special case of vertical differentiation models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 931, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Economides, Nicholas, 1989. "Symmetric equilibrium existence and optimality in differentiated product markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 178-194, February.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1984. "The principle of minimum differentiation revisited," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 345-368, April.
- Peitz, Martin, 1995. "Utility maximization in models of discrete choice," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 91-94, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pia Weiß, 2001.
"Product and Process Innovations in a Horizontally Differentiated Product Market,"
IWP Discussion Paper Series
07/2001, Institute for Economic Policy, Cologne, Germany.
- Pia Weiss, 2002. "Product and Process Innovations in a Horizontally Differentiated Product Market," Industrial Organization 0201005, EconWPA.
- Peitz, Martin, 2000. "Aggregation in a Model of Price Competition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-38, January.
More about this item
Keywordsproduct differentiation; unit demand; heterogenous income;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:1998-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ievages.html .