Individual Fishing Quotas in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: Fleet Restructuring, Effort Reduction and Cost Savings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Newell, Richard G. & Sanchirico, James N. & Kerr, Suzi, 2005. "Fishing quota markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 437-462, May.
- Smith, Martin D. & Zhang, Junjie & Coleman, Felicia C., 2008. "Econometric modeling of fisheries with complex life histories: Avoiding biological management failures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 265-280, May.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Quinn Weninger, 2008.
"Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-parametric Analysis,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 479-497, December.
- Weninger, Quinn, 2004. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-Parametric Analysis," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11178, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003.
"Economic benefits of management reform in the northern Gulf of Mexico reef fish fishery,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Fishery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Weninger, Quinn & Just, Richard E., 1997. "An Analysis of Transition From Limited Entry to Transferable Quota: Non-Marshallian Principles for Fisheries Management," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5225, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Price, Michael, 2006. "The lay system in commercial fisheries: Origin and implications," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 295-307, May.
- Squires, Dale & Campbell, Harry & Cunningham, Stephen & Dewees, Christopher & Grafton, R Quentin & Herrick, Samuel F & Kirkley, James & Pascoe, Sean & Salvanes, Kjell & Shallard, Bruce & Turris, Bruce, 1998. "Individual transferable quotas in multispecies fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 135-159, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Hansman & Jonas Hjort & Gianmarco León, 2015.
"Firm's response and unintended health consequences of industrial regulations,"
Economics Working Papers
1469, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Christopher Hansman & Jonas Hjort & Gianmarco León, 2015. "Firms' Response and Unintended Health Consequences of Industrial Regulations," Working Papers 809, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsIndividual fishing quotas; targeting costs; scale and technical efficiency; fleet re- structuring;
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:12890. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .