Luxembourg's specialisation as a financial centre within the global value networks of investment funds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ewald Engelen & Michael H. Grote, 2009. "Stock exchange virtualisation and the decline of second-tier financial centres--the cases of Amsterdam and Frankfurt," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 679-696, September.
- Danny MacKinnon, 2012. "Beyond strategic coupling: reassessing the firm-region nexus in global production networks," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 227-245, January.
- Clark, Gordon, 2000. "Pension Fund Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199240487.
- Franz Huber, 2009. "Social Capital Of Economic Clusters: Towards A Network-Based Conception Of Social Resources," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(2), pages 160-170, April.
- Henry Wai-chung Yeung, 2009. "Regional Development and the Competitive Dynamics of Global Production Networks: An East Asian Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 325-351.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001.
"The Political Economy of Finance,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 502-519.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Finance," CSEF Working Papers 76, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2002. "The Political Economy of Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Cantwell & John H Dunning & Sarianna M Lundan, 2010. "An evolutionary approach to understanding international business activity: The co-evolution of MNEs and the institutional environment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(4), pages 567-586, May.
- Bathelt, Harald & Gluckler, Johannes, 2011. "The Relational Economy: Geographies of Knowing and Learning," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199587391.
- Susan Christopherson & Jennifer Clark, 2007. "Power in Firm Networks: What it Means for Regional Innovation Systems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(9), pages 1223-1236.
- Neil M. Coe & Peter Dicken & Martin Hess, 2008. "Global production networks: realizing the potential," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 271-295, May.
- Jeffrey S. Boggs & Norma M. Rantisi, 2003. "The 'relational turn' in economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 109-116, April.
- Martin Sokol, 2007. "Space of Flows, Uneven Regional Development, and the Geography of Financial Services in Ireland," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 224-259.
- Meric Gertler, 2010. "Rules of the Game: The Place of Institutions in Regional Economic Change," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 1-15.
- Schamp Eike W., 2009. "Das Finanzzentrum – ein Cluster?," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 53(1-2), pages 89-105, October.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational financial centre ; global value chains; global production networks; social networks; social capital; investment funds; Luxembourg;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-NET-2013-02-03 (Network Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-02-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:cepswp:2012-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library and Documentation). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepsslu.html .