How Outward Looking is Smart Specialisation? Results from a survey on inter-regional collaboration in Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jens Sörvik & Alexander Kleibrink, 2015. "Mapping Innovation Priorities and Specialisation Patterns in Europe," JRC Working Papers JRC95227, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Michaela Trippl, 2010. "Developing Cross‐Border Regional Innovation Systems: Key Factors And Challenges," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 101(2), pages 150-160, April.
- Inger Midtkandal & Fatime Barbara Hegyi, 2014. "Taking stock of S3 Peer Review Workshops, S3 Working Paper Series No. 07/2014," JRC Working Papers JRC92890, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl-Johan Lundquist & Michaela Trippl, 2013. "Distance, Proximity and Types of Cross-border Innovation Systems: A Conceptual Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 450-460, March.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Elvira Uyarra & Jens Sörvik & Inger Midtkandal, 2014. "Inter-regional Collaboration in Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS3). S3 Working Paper Series no 6/2014," JRC Working Papers JRC91963, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Joan Crespo & David L. Rigby, 2017. "Smart Specialization policy in the EU: Relatedness, Knowledge Complexity and Regional Diversification," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1717, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2017.
- Nida Kamil Ozbolat & Karel Herman Haegeman & Katerina Sereti, 2019. "European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs): Collaboration in a RIS3 Context," JRC Working Papers JRC116904, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma, 2020. "Complementary Inter-Regional Linkages and Smart Specialization: an Empirical Study on European Regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2023, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2020.
- Ana Fernandez-Zubieta & Irene Ramos-Vielba, 2018. "Research & Innovation in Spain 2016," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201702, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 08 Jan 2020.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissensintensive Unternehmensdienste, Wissens-Spillovers und regionales Wachstum. Teilprojekt 1: Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung – Welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert das Wach," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58342, December.
- Adi Weidenfeld, 2018. "Tourism Diversification and Its Implications for Smart Specialisation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-24, January.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017.
"Digital knowledge generation and the appropriability trade-off,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 991-1002.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017. "Digital Knowledge Generation and the Appropriability Trade-Off," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201705, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2017. "Digital Knowledge Generation and the Appropriability Trade-Off," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201713, University of Turin.
- Meng, Rüdiger, 2012. "Räumliche Aspekte der Innovationsförderung: Hintergründe, Perspektiven und Kritik," Arbeitsberichte der ARL: Aufsätze, in: Growe, Anna & Heider, Katharina & Lamker, Christian & Paßlick, Sandra & Terfrüchte, Thomas (ed.), Polyzentrale Stadtregionen - Die Region als planerischer Handlungsraum, volume 3, pages 241-254, ARL – Akademie für Raumentwicklung in der Leibniz-Gemeinschaft.
- Marta Foddi & Raffaele Paci & Alessandra Colombelli, 2011. "The knowledge regions in the enlarged Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1140, European Regional Science Association.
- Christian Omobhude & Shih-Hsin Chen, 2019. "The Roles and Measurements of Proximity in Sustained Technology Development: A Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Daniel Hain & Sofia Johan & Daojuan Wang, 2016. "Determinants of Cross-Border Venture Capital Investments in Emerging and Developed Economies: The Effects of Relational and Institutional Trust," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 743-764, November.
- Sara Amoroso & Simone Vannuccini, 2019.
"Teaming up with Large R&D Investors: Good or Bad for Knowledge Production and Diffusion?,"
SPRU Working Paper Series
2019-20, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Sara Amoroso & Simone Vannuccini, 2019. "Teaming up with Large R&D Investors: Good or Bad for Knowledge Production and Diffusion?," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2019-05, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Graf, Holger & Kalthaus, Martin, 2018.
"International research networks: Determinants of country embeddedness,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(7), pages 1198-1214.
- Holger Graf & Martin Kalthaus, 2016. "International Research Networks: Determinants of Country Embeddedness," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-016, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Kiyoshi Kobayashi & Roger R. Stough, 2014. "Knowledge, innovation and space: introduction," Chapters, in: Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Kiyoshi Kobayashi & Roger R. Stough (ed.), Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 1, pages 1-26, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- László Lõrincz & Guilherme Kenji Chihaya & Anikó Hannák & Dávid Takács & Balázs Lengyel & Rikard Eriksson, 2020. "Global Connections And The Structure Of Skills In Local Co-Worker Networks," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 2034, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- SOHN Christophe & LICHERON Julien, 2015. "From barrier to resource? Modelling the border effects on metropolitan functions in Europe," LISER Working Paper Series 2015-08, LISER.
- Guridi, Jose A. & Pertuze, Julio A. & Pfotenhauer, Sebastian M., 2020. "Natural laboratories as policy instruments for technological learning and institutional capacity building: The case of Chile's astronomy cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(2).
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci & D. Rigby & S. Usai, 2020. "Smart Specialization Strategy: any relatedness between theory and practice?," Working Paper CRENoS 202004, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Grashof, Nils, 2020. "Putting the watering can away Towards a targeted (problem-oriented) cluster policy framework," Papers in Innovation Studies 2020/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Iritié, B. G. Jean Jacques, 2016. "Economic issues of innovation clusters-based industrial policy : a critical overview," EconStor Preprints 142746, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Hong, Wei & Su, Yu-Sung, 2013. "The effect of institutional proximity in non-local university–industry collaborations: An analysis based on Chinese patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 454-464.
- Lee, Chang-Yang, 2018. "Geographical clustering and firm growth: Differential growth performance among clustered firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1173-1184.
- Vestal, Alex & Danneels, Erwin, 2018. "Knowledge exchange in clusters: The contingent role of regional inventive concentration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(10), pages 1887-1903.
More about this item
KeywordsInter-regional collaboration; Smart Specialisation; innovation policy; regional development; dimensions of collaboration; transnational collaboration.;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2016-04-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2016-04-04 (Innovation)
- NEP-PPM-2016-04-04 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipt:iptwpa:jrc100813. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publication Officer). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ipjrces.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.