Uma Análise de Credibilidade na Política Fiscal Brasileira
The paper aims to study fiscal data of primary surplus expectation and debt expectation. The results showed gains of credibility in the Brazilian fiscal policy conduct because financial markets expecting less debt for near future. In addition, expectations that debt will grow up raises expectations that primary surplus will grow up too.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: SBS - Quadra 01 - Bloco J - Ed. BNDES, Brasília, DF - 70076-90|
Web page: http://www.ipea.gov.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Cukierman, Alex & Meltzer, Allan H, 1986. "A Theory of Ambiguity, Credibility, and Inflation under Discretion and Asymmetric Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1099-1128, September.
- Afonso S. Bevilaqua & Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 1999.
"Debt management in Brazil: evaluation of the Real Plan and challenges ahead,"
Textos para discussão
408, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Bevilaqua, Afonso S & Garcia, Marcio G P, 2002. "Debt Management in Brazil: Evaluation of the Real Plan and Challenges Ahead," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 15-35, January.
- Bevilaqua, Alfonso S. & Garcia, Marcio G. P., 2000. "Debt management in Brazil : evaluation of the Real Plan and challenges ahead," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2402, The World Bank.
- Issler, Joao Victor & Lima, Luiz Renato, 2000. "Public debt sustainability and endogenous seigniorage in Brazil: time-series evidence from 1947-1992," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-147, June.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2001. "Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 101-115, Fall.
- Eisner, Robert, 1989. "Budget Deficits: Rhetoric and Reality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 73-93, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipe:ipetds:1222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabio Schiavinatto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.