Tax-benefit incidence of value added tax on food and medicine to fund progressive social expenditure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aled ab Iorwerth & John Whalley, 2002. "Efficiency considerations and the exemption of food from sales and value added taxes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 166-182, February.
- David E. Altig & Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Kent Smetters & Jan Walliser, 1997. "Simulating U.S. tax reform," Working Paper 9712, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Sehili, Saloua & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Analyzing the Potential Impact of Indirect Tax Reforms on Poverty with Limited Data: Niger," MPRA Paper 11074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shah, Anwar & Whalley, John, 1991. "Tax Incidence Analysis of Developing Countries: An Alternative View," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 535-552, September.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2001. "Mexico: An Evaluation of the Main Features of the Tax System," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0112, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
KeywordsValue added tax; tax-benefit incidence.;
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2011-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .