Services-led growth, employment and job quality: A Study of manufacturing and service-sector in urban India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry Bosworth & Susan M. Collins & Arvind Virmani, 2006. "Sources of Growth in the Indian Economy," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 1-69.
- Tushar Agrawal, 2011. "Returns to education in India: Some recent evidence," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Kijima, Yoko, 2006. "Why did wage inequality increase? Evidence from urban India 1983-99," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 97-117, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K L Krishna & Deb Kusum Das & Abdul Azeez Erumban & Suresh Aggarwal & Pilu Chandra Das, 2016. "Productivity Dynamics in India's Service Sector: An Industry-Level Perspective," Working Papers id:11401, eSocialSciences.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2016. "Economic reforms, poverty and inequality," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-009, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- K L Krishna & Deb Kusum Das & Abdul A Erumban & Suresh Aggarwal & Pilu Chandra Das, 2016. "Productivity Dynamics In India’S Service Sector: An Industry-Level Perspective," Working papers 261, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment; Job quality; Services; Structural change; Wage inequality;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2012-007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.