The role of intellectual property rights in information and communication technologies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmoch, Ulrich & Schnöring, Thomas, 1994. "Technological strategies of telecommunications equipment manufacturers : A patent analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 397-413, July.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Greenstein, Shane, 1999.
"Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-40, March.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1997. "Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry," Working Papers 97028, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Lera, Emilio, 2000. "Changing relations between manufacturing and service provision in a more competitive telecom environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 413-437, June.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Cheng-Fen & Sewell, Graham, 1996. "Strategies for technological development in South Korea and Taiwan: the case of semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 759-783, August.
- Megna, Pamela & Klock, Mark, 1993. "The Impact on Intangible Capital on Tobin's q in the Semiconductor Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 265-269, May.
- Hicks, Donald A & O'Brien, Daniel M, 1997. "Can the telecom equipment industry afford accelerating technical advance?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 697-707, October.
- Mani, Sunil, 2003. "Deregulation, Entry of MNCs, Public Technology Procurement and Innovation Capability in India's Telecommunications Equipment Industry," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1996.
"Trade Policies and the Semiconductor Industry,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 11-72
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1994. "Trade Politics and the Semi-conductor Industry," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 92, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1994. "Trade Politics and the Semiconductor Industry," NBER Working Papers 4745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hobday, Michael, 1991. "Semiconductor technology and the newly industrializing countries: The diffusion of ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 375-397, April.
- Neu, Werner & Schnöring, Thomas, 1989. "The telecommunications equipment industry: Recent changes in its international trade pattern," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-39, March.
- Flaherty, M Therese, 1984. "Field Research on the Link between Technological Innovation and Growth: Evidence from the International Semiconductor Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 67-72, May.
- Rao, P. M., 1999. "Convergence and unbundling of corporate R&D in telecommunications: is software taking the helm?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Neu, Werner & Neumann, Karl-Heinz & Schnöring, Thomas, 1987. "Trade patterns, industry structure and industrial policy in telecommunications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 31-44, March.
- Bekkers, Rudi & Verspagen, Bart & Smits, Jan, 0. "Intellectual property rights and standardization: the case of GSM," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 171-188, April.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1988. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial R&D," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 862, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dick, Andrew R, 1991. "Learning by Doing and Dumping in the Semiconductor Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 133-159, April.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property rights; patents; information and communication technologies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2004-11-07 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:cesswp:61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesssin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.