The role of intellectual property rights in information and communication technologies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmoch, Ulrich & Schnöring, Thomas, 1994. "Technological strategies of telecommunications equipment manufacturers : A patent analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 397-413, July.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Greenstein, Shane, 1999.
"Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-40, March.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1997. "Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry," Working Papers 97028, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Lera, Emilio, 2000. "Changing relations between manufacturing and service provision in a more competitive telecom environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 413-437, June.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Cheng-Fen & Sewell, Graham, 1996. "Strategies for technological development in South Korea and Taiwan: the case of semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 759-783, August.
- Megna, Pamela & Klock, Mark, 1993. "The Impact on Intangible Capital on Tobin's q in the Semiconductor Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 265-269, May.
- Hicks, Donald A & O'Brien, Daniel M, 1997. "Can the telecom equipment industry afford accelerating technical advance?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 697-707, October.
- Mani, Sunil, 2003. "Deregulation, Entry of MNCs, Public Technology Procurement and Innovation Capability in India's Telecommunications Equipment Industry," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1996.
"Trade Policies and the Semiconductor Industry,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 11-72
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1994. "Trade Politics and the Semi-conductor Industry," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 92, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1994. "Trade Politics and the Semiconductor Industry," NBER Working Papers 4745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hobday, Michael, 1991. "Semiconductor technology and the newly industrializing countries: The diffusion of ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 375-397, April.
- Neu, Werner & Schnöring, Thomas, 1989. "The telecommunications equipment industry: Recent changes in its international trade pattern," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-39, March.
- Flaherty, M Therese, 1984. "Field Research on the Link between Technological Innovation and Growth: Evidence from the International Semiconductor Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 67-72, May.
- Rao, P. M., 1999. "Convergence and unbundling of corporate R&D in telecommunications: is software taking the helm?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Neu, Werner & Neumann, Karl-Heinz & Schnöring, Thomas, 1987. "Trade patterns, industry structure and industrial policy in telecommunications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 31-44, March.
- Bekkers, Rudi & Verspagen, Bart & Smits, Jan, 0. "Intellectual property rights and standardization: the case of GSM," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 171-188, April.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1988. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial R&D," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 862, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dick, Andrew R, 1991. "Learning by Doing and Dumping in the Semiconductor Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 133-159, April.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property rights; patents; information and communication technologies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2004-11-07 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:cesswp:61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesssin.html .