A new methodology for estimating internationally comparable poverty lines and living wage rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 2005.
"Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World),"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World)," NBER Working Papers 9822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton, 2004. "Measuring poverty in a growing world (or measuring growth in a poor world)," Working Papers 178, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Kilpatrick, Robert W, 1973. "The Income Elasticity of the Poverty Line," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(3), pages 327-332, August.
- Atkinson, Anthony B, 1991. "Comparing Poverty Rates Internationally: Lessons from Recent Studies in Developed Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Foster, James E, 1998. "Absolute versus Relative Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 335-341, May.
- Cutler, Peter, 1984. "The measurement of poverty: A review of attempts to quantify the poor, with special reference to India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(11-12), pages 1119-1130.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Adjusted Indian Poverty Estimates for 1999-2000," Working Papers 200, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Robert Pollin, 2002. "Living Wages, Poverty, and Basic Needs: Evidence from Santa Monica, CA," Working Papers wp33, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- David BESCOND & Anne CHÂTAIGNIER & Farhad MEHRAN, 2003. "Seven indicators to measure decent work: An international comparison," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 142(2), pages 179-212, June.
- Richard ANKER & Igor CHERNYSHEV & Philippe EGGER & Farhad MEHRAN & Joseph A. RITTER, 2003. "Measuring decent work with statistical indicators," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 142(2), pages 147-178, June.
- Jesko Hentschel & Peter Lanjouw, 2000.
"Household welfare measurement and the pricing of basic services,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 13-27.
- Hentschel, Jesko & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "Household welfare measurement and the pricing of basic services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2006, The World Bank.
- Johan Martins, 2003. "Minimum Living Level and Consumer Price Index: What's in a name?," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 197-212.
- Alfred Ngwane & Venkata Yadavalli & Francois Steffens, 2001. "Poverty in South Africa - a statistical analysis," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 201-215.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1996. "When Method Matters: Monitoring Poverty in Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 761-792, July.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; poverty alleviation; measurement; methodology; developed countries; developing countries; nutrition; household income; income distribution; pauvreté; lutte contre la pauvreté; mesure; méthodologie; pays développés; pays en développement; nutrition; revenu des ménages; répartition du revenu; pobreza; lucha contra la pobreza; medición; metodología; países desarrollados; países en desarrollo; nutrición; ingreso de los hogares; distribución del ingreso;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:993855513402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.