A new methodology for estimating internationally comparable poverty lines and living wage rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 2005.
"Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World),"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World)," NBER Working Papers 9822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton, 2004. "Measuring poverty in a growing world (or measuring growth in a poor world)," Working Papers 178, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Kilpatrick, Robert W, 1973. "The Income Elasticity of the Poverty Line," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(3), pages 327-332, August.
- Atkinson, Anthony B, 1991. "Comparing Poverty Rates Internationally: Lessons from Recent Studies in Developed Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Foster, James E, 1998. "Absolute versus Relative Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 335-341, May.
- Cutler, Peter, 1984. "The measurement of poverty: A review of attempts to quantify the poor, with special reference to India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(11-12), pages 1119-1130.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Adjusted Indian Poverty Estimates for 1999-2000," Working Papers 200, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Robert Pollin, 2002. "Living Wages, Poverty, and Basic Needs: Evidence from Santa Monica, CA," Working Papers wp33, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- David BESCOND & Anne CHÂTAIGNIER & Farhad MEHRAN, 2003. "Seven indicators to measure decent work: An international comparison," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 142(2), pages 179-212, June.
- Richard ANKER & Igor CHERNYSHEV & Philippe EGGER & Farhad MEHRAN & Joseph A. RITTER, 2003. "Measuring decent work with statistical indicators," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 142(2), pages 147-178, June.
- Jesko Hentschel & Peter Lanjouw, 2000.
"Household welfare measurement and the pricing of basic services,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 13-27.
- Hentschel, Jesko & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "Household welfare measurement and the pricing of basic services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2006, The World Bank.
- Johan Martins, 2003. "Minimum Living Level and Consumer Price Index: What's in a name?," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 197-212.
- Alfred Ngwane & Venkata Yadavalli & Francois Steffens, 2001. "Poverty in South Africa - a statistical analysis," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 201-215.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1996. "When Method Matters: Monitoring Poverty in Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 761-792, July.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; poverty alleviation; measurement; methodology; developed countries; developing countries; nutrition; household income; income distribution; pauvreté; lutte contre la pauvreté; mesure; méthodologie; pays développés; pays en développement; nutrition; revenu des ménages; répartition du revenu; pobreza; lucha contra la pobreza; medición; metodología; países desarrollados; países en desarrollo; nutrición; ingreso de los hogares; distribución del ingreso;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:993855513402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .