Labour implications of the textiles and clothing quota phase-out
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ann Harrison & Jason Scorse, 2004. "Moving Up or Moving Out? Anti-Sweatshop Activists and Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 10492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denis Audet, 2004. "Structural Adjustment in Textiles and Clothing in the Post-ATC Trading Environment," OECD Trade Policy Papers 4, OECD Publishing.
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2005.
"The impacts of trade liberalization on employment and wages in Tunisian industries,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 527-551.
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2002. "The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 688, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carolyn Evans & James Harrigan, 2005.
"Tight Clothing. How the MFA Affects Asian Apparel Exports,"
NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in East Asia, pages 367-390,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolyn L. Evans & James Harrigan, 2004. "Tight Clothing: How the MFA Affects Asian Apparel Exports," NBER Working Papers 10250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aziz Elbehri & Thomas Hertel & Will Martin, 2003. "Estimating the Impact of WTO and Domestic Reforms on the Indian Cotton and Textile Sectors: a General‐Equilibrium Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 343-359, August.
- Yongzheng Yang & Mr. Montfort Mlachila, 2004. "The End of Textiles Quotas: A Case Study of the Impacton Bangladesh," IMF Working Papers 2004/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Spinanger, Dean & Francois, Joseph F. & Glismann, Hans H., 2000. "The Cost of EU Trade Protection in Textiles and Clothing," Kiel Working Papers 997, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Jansen, Marion & Nordås, Hildegunn Kyvik, 2004. "Institutions, trade policy and trade flows," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2004-02, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meil, Pamela & Trommel, Willem & Bannink, Duco & Hoogenboom, Marcel & Moniz, Antonio & Woll, Tobias & Makó, Czaba & Csizmadia, Péter & Illessy, Miklós & Balkmar, Dag & Linardos, Petros, 2006. "Comparative report - WORKS WP5 Policy pillar," EconStor Research Reports 67056, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:374452 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Francois & Julia Woerz, 0000.
"Rags in the High Rent District: the Evolution of Quota Rents in Textiles and Clothing,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
06-007/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francois, Joseph & Wörz, Julia, 2006. "Rags in the High Rent District: The Evolution of Quota Rents in Textiles and Clothing," CEPR Discussion Papers 5477, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Francois & Julia Woerz, 2006. "Rags in the High Rent District: the Evolution of Quota Rents in Textiles and Clothing," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp121, IIIS.
- Joseph F. Francois & Julia Wörz, 2006. "Rags in the High Rent District: The Evolution of Quota Rents in Textiles and Clothing," wiiw Working Papers 37, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Asif Anwar, 2006. "Bangladesh Apparels Export to the US Market - An Examination of Her Competitiveness vis-ÃƒÂ -vis China," Trade Working Papers 22295, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Mr. Ananthakrishnan Prasad & Ms. Sonali Jain-Chandra, 2005. "The Impact on India of Trade Liberalization in the Textiles and Clothing Sector," IMF Working Papers 2005/214, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Walkenhorst, 2004. "Liberalising Trade in Textiles and Clothing: A Survey of Quantitative Studies," International Trade 0401007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francois, Joseph & Woerz, Julia, 2009. "Non-linear panel estimation of import quotas: The evolution of quota premiums under the ATC," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 181-191, July.
- Mausumi Kar, 2012. "National and Global Aspects of Indiaâ€™s Textiles and Apparel Industry and Trade: An Overview," South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, , vol. 1(1), pages 81-133, June.
- Nordås, Hildegunn Kyvik, 2004. "The global textile and clothing industry post the agreement on textiles and clothing," WTO Discussion Papers 5, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Giovanni Marin & Elena Paglialunga, 2016. "Eco-innovation, sustainable supply chains and environmental performance in European industries," LEM Papers Series 2016/19, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Fucai Lu & Wei He & Yang Cheng & Sihua Chen & Liang Ning & Xiaoan Mei, 2015. "Exploring the Upgrading of Chinese Automotive Manufacturing Industry in the Global Value Chain: An Empirical Study Based on Panel Data," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 7(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Staritz, Cornelia, 2012. "Apparel exports - still a path for industrial development? Dynamics in apparel global value chains and implications for low-income countries," Working Papers 34, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Wei ZHAO & Rigas ARVANITIS, 2008. "L’INeGAL DeVELOPPEMENT INDUSTRIEL DE LA CHINE : CAPACITeS D’INNOVATION ET COEXISTENCE DE DIFFeRENTS MODES D’APPRENTISSAGE TECHNOLOGIQUE," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 61-85.
- Ion MUȘCHEI, 2019. "The relationship between institutions and trade, empirical analysis from the Republic of Moldova case," Eastern European Journal for Regional Studies (EEJRS), Center for Studies in European Integration (CSEI), Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova (ASEM), vol. 5(2), pages 4-23, December.
- Lucio Biggiero & Enrico Sevi, 2009. "Opportunism by cheating and its effects on industry profitability. The CIOPS model," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 191-236, September.
- Cherkashin, Ivan & Demidova, Svetlana & Kee, Hiau Looi & Krishna, Kala, 2015.
"Firm heterogeneity and costly trade: A new estimation strategy and policy experiments,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 18-36.
- Svetlana Demidova & Kala Krishna & Hiau Looi Kee & Ivan Cherkashin, 2009. "Firm Heterogeneity and Costly Trade: A New Estimation Strategy and Policy Experiments," 2009 Meeting Papers 1199, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cherkashin,Ivan & Demidova,Svetlana & Kee,Hiau Looi & Krishna,Kala M. & Cherkashin,Ivan & Demidova,Svetlana & Kee,Hiau Looi & Krishna,Kala M., 2015. "Firm heterogeneity and costly trade: a new estimation strategy and policy experiments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7156, The World Bank.
- Ivan Cherkashin & Svetlana Demidova & Hiau Looi Kee & Kala Krishna, 2010. "Firm Heterogeneity and Costly Trade: A New Estimation Strategy and Policy Experiments," NBER Working Papers 16557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanjaya Lall, "undated". "The Technological Structure and Performance of Developing Country Manufactured Exports, 1985-1998," QEH Working Papers qehwps44, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Mulvaney, Dustin & Krupnik, Timothy J., 2014. "Zero-tolerance for genetic pollution: Rice farming, pharm rice, and the risks of coexistence in California," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 125-131.
- Eric A. Verhoogen, 2008.
"Trade, Quality Upgrading, and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 489-530.
- Verhoogen, Eric, 2007. "Trade, Quality Upgrading and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 2913, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Verhoogen, Eric A, 2007. "Trade, Quality Upgrading and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 6385, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dadakas, Dimitrios & Katranidis, Stelios D., 2006. "MFA Quotas Elimination: the Case of Cotton Yarn in Greece - a Multi-Market vs. a Single Market Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21390, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mustafizur Rahman & Asif Anwar, 2006. "Bangladesh Apparels Export to the US Market: An Examination of Her Competitiveness vis-à-vis China," CPD Working Paper 62, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
More about this item
Keywordsemployment; wages; textile industry; clothing industry; trade agreement; quota system; import; export; emploi; salaire; industrie textile; industrie du vêtement; accord commercial; contingentement; importation; exportation; empleo; salario; industria textil; industria del vestido; convenio comercial; sistema de contingentes; importación; exportación;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:993744523402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Vesa Sivunen (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.