Testing for Market Power under the Two-Price System in the U.S. Copper Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patricia T. Foley & Joel P. Clark, 1982. "The Effects of State Taxation on United States Copper Supply," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(2), pages 153-180.
- Margaret E. Slade, 1991. "Strategic Pricing with Customer Rationing: The Case of Primary Metals," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 70-100, February.
- James G. MacKinnon & Nancy D. Olewiler, 1980.
"Disequilibrium Estimation of the Demand for Copper,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 197-211, Spring.
- James G. MacKinnon & Nancy D. Olewiler, 1978. "Disequilibrium Estimation of the Demand for Copper," Working Papers 315, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Vives, Xavier, 1986. "Rationing rules and Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibria in large markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 113-116.
- Vial, Joaquin, 1992. "Copper consumption in the USA: Main determinants and structural changes," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 107-121, June.
- Hubbard, R Glenn & Weiner, Robert J, 1989. "Contracting and Price Adjustment in Commodity Markets: Evidence from Copper and Oil," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 80-89, February.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-1064, July.
- Stewardson, B R, 1970. "The Nature of Competition in the World Market for Refined Copper," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 46(114), pages 169-181, June.
- E. C. Hwa, 1979. "Price Determination in Several International Primary Commodity Markets: A Structural Analysis (La dÃ©termination des prix sur plusieurs marchÃ©s internationaux de produits primaires de base: Analyse s," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 157-188, March.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsCopper Industry; Market Power;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-04-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2005-04-03 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ila:ilades:inv159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcela Perticara). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deilacl.html .