Multiple-self models in neuroeconomics. A methodological critique
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Don Ross & Carla Sharp & Rudy E. Vuchinich & David Spurrett, 2008.
"Midbrain Mutiny: The Picoeconomics and Neuroeconomics of Disordered Gambling: Economic Theory and Cognitive Science,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182653, January.
- Ross, Don & Sharp, Carla & Vuchinich, Rudy E. & Spurrett, David, . "Midbrain Mutiny: The Picoeconomics and Neuroeconomics of Disordered Gambling: Economic Theory and Cognitive Science," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262517582, January.
- Aldo Rustichini, 2009. "Is There a Method of Neuroeconomics?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 48-59, August.
- Don Ross, 2007. "Economic Theory and Cognitive Science: Microexplanation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262681684, January.
- Nathan Berg & Gerd Gigerenzer, 2010.
"As-if behavioral economics: neoclassical economics in disguise?,"
History of Economic Ideas,
Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 18(1), pages 133-166.
- Berg, Nathan & Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2010. "As-if behavioral economics: Neoclassical economics in disguise?," MPRA Paper 26586, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul William Glimcher & Kenway Louie & Joseph Kable, 2007. "Neuroeconomic Studies of Impulsivity: Now or Just as Soon as Possible?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 142-147, May.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Guala,Francesco, 2005. "The Methodology of Experimental Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521618618, April.
- Marieke van Rooij & Guy Van Orden, 2011. "It's about Space, It's about Time, Neuroeconomics and the Brain Sublime," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 31-56, Fall.
More about this item
KeywordsMultiple-self; rationality; as if; functional localization; robustness;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-11-09 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2013-11-09 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-11-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-11-09 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpicer:07-2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icerrit.html .