WTP/WTA Disparity: Have We Been Observing Dynamic Values but Interpreting Them as Static?, The
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Jinhua & Kling, Catherine L., 2001. "A new explanation for the WTP/WTA disparity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 293-300, December.
- John A. List, 2003.
"Does Market Experience Eliminate Market Anomalies?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 41-71.
- John List, 2003. "Does market experience eliminate market anomalies?," Natural Field Experiments 00297, The Field Experiments Website.
- Knez, Peter & Smith, Vernon L & Williams, Arlington W, 1985. "Individual Rationality, Market Rationality, and Value Estimation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 397-402, May.
- List, John A & Shogren, Jason F, 1998. "The Deadweight Loss of Christmas: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1350-1355, December.
- Brookshire, David S & Coursey, Don L, 1987. "Measuring the Value of a Public Good: An Empirical Comparison of Elicitation Procedures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 554-566, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bazzani, Claudia & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Canavari, Maurizio, 2015. "Testing commitment cost in food choices: a non-hypothetical choice experiment approach," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205235, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011. "Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489.
- Jay Corrigan & Catherine Kling & Jinhua Zhao, 2008.
"Willingness to Pay and the Cost of Commitment: An Empirical Specification and Test,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 285-298, June.
- Corrigan, Jay R. & Kling, Catherine L. & Zhao, Jinhua, 2008. "Willingness to Pay and the Cost of Commitment: An Empirical Specification and Test," ISU General Staff Papers 200806010700001347, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- List, John A., 2004.
"Substitutability, experience, and the value disparity: evidence from the marketplace,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 486-509, May.
- John List, 2004. "Substitutability, experience, and the value disparity: Evidence from the marketplace," Framed Field Experiments 00175, The Field Experiments Website.
- Venkatachalam, L., 2008. "Behavioral economics for environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 640-645, November.
- Jay R. Corrigan & Catharine L. Kling & Jinhua Zhao, 2006. "The Dynamic Formation of Willingness to Pay: An Empirical Specification and Test," Working Papers 0603, Kenyon College, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsfield experiment; neoclassical theory; willingness to accept; willingness to pay; WTP/WTA disparity.;
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:cpaper:03-wp333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caiasus.html .