Imperfect Quality Information in a Quality-Competitive Hospital Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hugh Gravelle & Peter Sivey, "undated". "Imperfect quality information in a quality-competitive hospital market," Discussion Papers 09/09, Department of Economics, University of York.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Cutler & Robert S. Huckman & Mary Beth Landrum, 2004.
"The Role of Information in Medical Markets: An Analysis of Publicly Reported Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 342-346, May.
- David M. Cutler & Robert S. Huckman & Mary Beth Landrum, 2004. "The Role of Information in Medical Markets: An Analysis of Publicly Reported Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery," NBER Working Papers 10489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcello Montefiori, 2005. "Spatial competition for quality in the market for hospital care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(2), pages 131-135, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Deily, Mary E. & Li, Suhui & Lu, Yi, 2014. "Competition and the impact of online hospital report cards," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 42-58.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani, 2013. "Does a hospitals quality depend on the quality of other hospitals? A spatial econometrics approach to investigating hospital quality competition," Working Papers 082cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Sivey, Peter, 2010. "Imperfect information in a quality-competitive hospital market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 524-535, July.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani & Rosalind Goudie, 2012. "Hospital Quality Competition Under Fixed Prices," Working Papers 080cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-07-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2009-07-11 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iae:iaewps:wp2009n05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sheri Carnegie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .