Imperfect quality information in a quality-competitive hospital market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hugh Gravelle & Peter Sivey, 2009. "Imperfect Quality Information in a Quality-Competitive Hospital Market," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Cutler & Robert S. Huckman & Mary Beth Landrum, 2004.
"The Role of Information in Medical Markets: An Analysis of Publicly Reported Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 342-346, May.
- David M. Cutler & Robert S. Huckman & Mary Beth Landrum, 2004. "The Role of Information in Medical Markets: An Analysis of Publicly Reported Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery," NBER Working Papers 10489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcello Montefiori, 2005. "Spatial competition for quality in the market for hospital care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(2), pages 131-135, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Deily, Mary E. & Li, Suhui & Lu, Yi, 2014. "Competition and the impact of online hospital report cards," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 42-58.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani & Rosalind Goudie, 2012. "Hospital Quality Competition Under Fixed Prices," Working Papers 080cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani, 2013. "Does a hospitals quality depend on the quality of other hospitals? A spatial econometrics approach to investigating hospital quality competition," Working Papers 082cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Sivey, Peter, 2010. "Imperfect information in a quality-competitive hospital market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 524-535, July.
More about this item
KeywordsUncertain quality. Information. Competition. Hospitals.;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:09/09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.