The Default Risk of Firms Examined with Smooth Support Vector Machines
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wolfgang Härdle & Yuh-Jye Lee & Dorothea Schäfer & Yi-Ren Yeh, 2007. "The Default Risk of Firms Examined with Smooth Support Vector Machines," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 757, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang Härdle & Rouslan Moro, 2006. "Estimation of Default Probabilities with Support Vector Machines," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-077, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997. " Strategic Debt Service," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 531-556, June.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Leland, Hayne E & Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996.
" Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 987-1019, July.
- Hayne E. Leland and Klaus Bjerre Toft., 1995. "Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-259, University of California at Berkeley.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Weber, Martin, 2001. "Generally accepted rating principles: A primer," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl & Moro, Rouslan A. & Schäfer, Dorothea, 2007.
"Estimating probabilities of default with support vector machines,"
Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies
2007,18, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Wolfgang Härdle & Rouslan Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2007. "Estimating Probabilities of Default With Support Vector Machines," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Huang, Chien-Ming & Lee, Yuh-Jye & Lin, Dennis K.J. & Huang, Su-Yun, 2007. "Model selection for support vector machines via uniform design," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 335-346, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan-Henning Trustorff & Paul Konrad & Jens Leker, 2011. "Credit risk prediction using support vector machines," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 565-581, May.
More about this item
KeywordsInsolvency Prognosis; SVMs; Statistical Learning Theory; Non-parametric Classification models; local time-homogeneity;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-04-29 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2008-04-29 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2008-005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .