Support Vector Machines with Evolutionary Feature Selection for Default Prediction
Predicting default probabilities is at the core of credit risk management and is becoming more and more important for banks in order to measure their client's degree of risk, and for rms to operate successfully. The SVM with evolutionary feature selection is applied to the CreditReform database. We use classical methods such as discriminan analysis (DA), logit and probit models as benchmark On overall, GA-SVM is outperforms compared to the benchmark models in both training and testing dataset.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles L. Merwin, 1942. "Financing Small Corporations in Five Manufacturing Industries, 1926-36," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number merw42-1.
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Weber, Martin, 2000.
"Generally accepted rating principles: A primer,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2000/02, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Wolfgang Härdle & Yuh-Jye Lee & Dorothea Schäfer & Yi-Ren Yeh, 2009. "Variable selection and oversampling in the use of smooth support vector machines for predicting the default risk of companies," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(6), pages 512-534.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Alexandros Karatzoglou & Alexandros Smola & Kurt Hornik & Achim Zeileis, . "kernlab - An S4 Package for Kernel Methods in R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(i09).
- Maalouf, Maher & Trafalis, Theodore B., 2011. "Robust weighted kernel logistic regression in imbalanced and rare events data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 168-183, January.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, 04.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2012-030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.