A stochastic volatility Libor model and its robust calibration
In this paper we propose a Libor model with a high-dimensional specially structured system of driving CIR volatility processes. A stable calibration procedure which takes into account a given local correlation structure is presented. The calibration algorithm is FFT based, so fast and easy to implement.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994.
"Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997. " Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Christian Kahl & Peter Jackel, 2006. "Fast strong approximation Monte Carlo schemes for stochastic volatility models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(6), pages 513-536.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2010.
"A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 529-546.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2006. "A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-037, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Leif Andersen & Vladimir Piterbarg, 2007. "Moment explosions in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2007-067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.