Libor model with expiry-wise stochastic volatility and displacement
We develop a multi-factor stochastic volatility Libor model with displacement, where each individual forward Libor is driven by its own square-root stochastic volatility process. The main advantage of this approach is that, maturity-wise, each square-root process can be calibrated to the corresponding cap(let)vola-strike panel at the market. However, since even after freezing the Libors in the drift of this model, the Libor dynamics are not affine, new affine approximations have to be developed in order to obtain Fourier based (approximate) pricing procedures for caps and swaptions. As a result, we end up with a Libor modeling package that allows for efficient calibration to a complete system of cap/swaption market quotes that performs well even in crises times, where structural breaks in vola-strike-maturity panels are typically observed.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst Eberlein & Fehmi Özkan, 2005. "The Lévy LIBOR model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 327-348, 07.
- Lixin Wu & Fan Zhang, 2008. "Fast swaption pricing under the market model with a square-root volatility process," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 163-180.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2006.
"A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2006-037, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2010. "A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 529-546.
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997.
" Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Leif Andersen & Jesper Andreasen, 2000. "Volatility skews and extensions of the Libor market model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1-32.
- Alan Brace & Dariusz G�atarek & Marek Musiela, 1997. "The Market Model of Interest Rate Dynamics," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 127-155.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1204.5698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.