A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration
In this paper we propose a jump-diffusion Libor model with jumps in a high-dimensional space (Rm) and test a stable non-parametric calibration algorithm which takes into account a given local covariance structure. The algorithm returns smooth and simply structured Lévy densities, and penalizes the deviation from the Libor market model. In practice, the procedure is FFT based, thus fast, easy to implement, and yields good results, particularly in view of the severe ill-posedness of the underlying inverse problem.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006.
"Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
- Alan Brace & Dariusz G¸atarek & Marek Musiela, 1997. "The Market Model of Interest Rate Dynamics," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 127-155.
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410.
- Eberlein, Ernst & Keller, Ulrich & Prause, Karsten, 1998. "New Insights into Smile, Mispricing, and Value at Risk: The Hyperbolic Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(3), pages 371-405, July.
- Ernst Eberlein & Fehmi Özkan, 2005. "The Lévy LIBOR model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 327-348, 07.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994.
"Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997. " Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2006-037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.