Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1997. "Measuring Tail Thickness to Estimate the Stable Index Alpha: A Critique," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 74-81, January.
- Weron, Rafal, 1996. "On the Chambers-Mallows-Stuck method for simulating skewed stable random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 165-171, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Computationally intensive Value at Risk calculations," Papers 2004,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Adam Misiorek & Rafal Weron, 2010. "Heavy-tailed distributions in VaR calculations," HSC Research Reports HSC/10/05, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Furrer, Hansjorg & Michna, Zbigniew & Weron, Aleksander, 1997. "Stable Lévy motion approximation in collective risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 97-114, September.
- John C. Frain, 2007. "Small sample power of tests of normality when the alternative is an alpha-stable distribution," Trinity Economics Papers tep0207, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Szymon Borak & Adam Misiorek & RafaÅ‚ Weron, 2010.
"Models for Heavy-tailed Asset Returns,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2010-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Borak, Szymon & Misiorek, Adam & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Models for Heavy-tailed Asset Returns," MPRA Paper 25494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Szymon Borak & Adam Misiorek & Rafal Weron, 2010. "Models for Heavy-tailed Asset Returns," HSC Research Reports HSC/10/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Kerger, Phillip & Kobayashi, Kei, 2020. "Parameter estimation for one-sided heavy-tailed distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Marc S. Paolella, 2016. "Stable-GARCH Models for Financial Returns: Fast Estimation and Tests for Stability," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Rafał Weron, 2001.
"Levy-Stable Distributions Revisited: Tail Index> 2does Not Exclude The Levy-Stable Regime,"
International Journal of Modern Physics C (IJMPC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 209-223.
- Rafal Weron, 2001. "Levy-stable distributions revisited: tail index > 2 does not exclude the Levy-stable regime," HSC Research Reports HSC/01/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Rafal Weron, 2003. "Levy-stable distributions revisited: tail index > 2 does not exclude the Levy-stable regime," Econometrics 0305003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Kurz-Kim, Jeong-Ryeol, 2003. "Exact tests and confidence sets for the tail coefficient of a-stable distributions," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,16, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601.
- Makoto Maejima & Gennady Samorodnitsky, 1999. "Certain Probabilistic Aspects of Semistable Laws," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 51(3), pages 449-462, September.
- Lombardi, Marco J. & Calzolari, Giorgio, 2009.
"Indirect estimation of [alpha]-stable stochastic volatility models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2298-2308, April.
- Marco Lombardi & Giorgio Calzolari, 2006. "Indirect estimation of alpha-stable stochastic volatility models," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2006_07, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl & Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Simulation of risk processes," Papers 2004,01, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Foad Shokrollahi & Marcin Marcin Magdziarz, 2020. "Equity warrant pricing under subdiffusive fractional Brownian motion of the short rate," Papers 2007.12228, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2020.
- Runde, Ralf & Scheffner, Axel, 1998. "On the existence of moments: With an application to German stock returns," Technical Reports 1998,25, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Graves, Timothy & Franzke, Christian L.E. & Watkins, Nicholas W. & Gramacy, Robert B. & Tindale, Elizabeth, 2017. "Systematic inference of the long-range dependence and heavy-tail distribution parameters of ARFIMA models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 60-71.
- Toker Doganoglu & Christoph Hartz & Stefan Mittnik, 2007.
"Portfolio optimization when risk factors are conditionally varying and heavy tailed,"
Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 333-354, May.
- Toker Doganoglu & Christoph Hartz & Stefan Mittnik, 2006. "Portfolio Optimization wehn Risk Factors are Conditionally Varying and Heavy Tailed," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/24, Center for Financial Studies.
- Doganoglu, Toker & Hartz, Christoph & Mittnik, Stefan, 2006. "Portfolio optimization when risk factors are conditionally varying and heavy tailed," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/24, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Dassios, Angelos & Qu, Yan & Zhao, Hongbiao, 2018. "Exact simulation for a class of tempered stable," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86981, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ortobelli, Sergio & Rachev, Svetlozar & Schwartz, Eduardo, 2000. "The Problem of Optimal Asset Allocation with Stable Distributed Returns," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt3zd6q86c, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Michna, Zbigniew, 2008. "Asymptotic behavior of the supremum tail probability for anomalous diffusions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(2), pages 413-417.
More about this item
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ETS-2005-11-19 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2005-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: RDC-Team The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask RDC-Team to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.