Correction to: "On the Chambers–Mallows–Stuck Method for Simulating Skewed Stable Random Variables"
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rafal Weron, 1996. "Correction to: "On the Chambers-Mallows-Stuck Method for Simulating Skewed Stable Random Variables"," HSC Research Reports HSC/96/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernández-Martínez, M. & Sánchez-Granero, M.A. & Trinidad Segovia, J.E., 2013. "Measuring the self-similarity exponent in Lévy stable processes of financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(21), pages 5330-5345.
- Rafał Weron, 2001.
"Levy-Stable Distributions Revisited: Tail Index> 2does Not Exclude The Levy-Stable Regime,"
International Journal of Modern Physics C (IJMPC),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 209-223.
- Rafal Weron, 2001. "Levy-stable distributions revisited: tail index > 2 does not exclude the Levy-stable regime," HSC Research Reports HSC/01/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Rafal Weron, 2003. "Levy-stable distributions revisited: tail index > 2 does not exclude the Levy-stable regime," Econometrics 0305003, EconWPA.
- Barunik, Jozef & Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2010.
"On Hurst exponent estimation under heavy-tailed distributions,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 389(18), pages 3844-3855.
- Jozef Barunik & Ladislav Kristoufek, 2012. "On Hurst exponent estimation under heavy-tailed distributions," Papers 1201.4786, arXiv.org.
- Tsionas, Mike, 2012. "Simple techniques for likelihood analysis of univariate and multivariate stable distributions: with extensions to multivariate stochastic volatility and dynamic factor models," MPRA Paper 40966, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2012.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas & Marcin Zamojski, 2015. "Generalized Autoregressive Method of Moments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-138/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Furrer, Hansjorg & Michna, Zbigniew & Weron, Aleksander, 1997. "Stable Lévy motion approximation in collective risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 97-114, September.
- Taufer, Emanuele, 2015. "On the empirical process of strongly dependent stable random variables: asymptotic properties, simulation and applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 262-271.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:25:d:69492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goddard, John & Onali, Enrico, 2012. "Self-affinity in financial asset returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-11.
- Jeong-Ryeol Kim, 2003. "Finite-sample distributions of self-normalised sums," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 493-504, September.
- Kotchoni, Rachidi, 2012.
"Applications of the characteristic function-based continuum GMM in finance,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3599-3622.
- Rachidi Kotchoni, 2012. "Applications of the Characteristic Function Based Continuum GMM in Finance," Post-Print hal-00867795, HAL.
- John C. Frain, 2007. "Small sample power of tests of normality when the alternative is an alpha-stable distribution," Trinity Economics Papers tep0207, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Marc S. Paolella, 2016. "Stable-GARCH Models for Financial Returns: Fast Estimation and Tests for Stability," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Szczurek, Andrzej & Maciejewska, Monika & Wyłomańska, Agnieszka & Sikora, Grzegorz & Balcerek, Michał & Teuerle, Marek, 2016. "Discrimination of particulate matter emission sources using stochastic methods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 463(C), pages 452-466.
- Luc Devroye & Lancelot James, 2014. "On simulation and properties of the stable law," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 23(3), pages 307-343, August.
- Chronis, George A., 2016. "Modelling the extreme variability of the US Consumer Price Index inflation with a stable non-symmetric distribution," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 271-277.
- Parrini, Alessandro, 2012. "Indirect estimation of GARCH models with alpha-stable innovations," MPRA Paper 38544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Traian Pele & Vasile Nicolae Stanciulescu, 2015. "On a Class of Alpha-stable Distributions and Its Applications in Estimating Market Risk," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 7(2), pages 007-015, December.
More about this item
KeywordsStable distribution; Simulation; Random variable;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20761. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.