A conceptual foundation for the theory of risk aversion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karni, Edi, 1983. "On the correspondence between multivariate risk aversion and risk aversion with state-dependent preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 230-242, August.
- Paroush, Jacob, 1975. "Risk premium with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Michel Denuit & Louis Eeckhoudt & Béatrice Rey, 2010.
"Some consequences of correlation aversion in decision science,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 176(1), pages 259-269, April.
- M. Denuit & L. Eeckhoudt & Béatrice Rey, 2010. "Some consequences of correlation aversion in decision science," Post-Print halshs-00485722, HAL.
- DENUIT, Michel & EECKHOUDT, Louis & REY, BÃ©atrice, 2010. "Some consequences of correlation aversion in decision science," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2207, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1974. "Risk aversion with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 361-388, July.
- W. M. Gorman, 1968. "The Structure of Utility Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 367-390.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben, 1992. "Many good choice Axioms: When can many-good lotteries be treated as money lotteries?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 313-337, April.
- Larry G. Epstein & Stephen M. Tanny, 1980. "Increasing Generalized Correlation: A Definition and Some Economic Consequences," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 16-34, February.
- Scott F. Richard, 1975. "Multivariate Risk Aversion, Utility Independence and Separable Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 12-21, September.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1969. "A Note on Behavior towards Risk with Many Commodities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 262, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Madan, Dilip B., 1983. "Measures of risk aversion with many commodities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 93-100.
- James S. Dyer & Rakesh K. Sarin, 1979. "Measurable Multiattribute Value Functions," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 810-822, August.
- Gerard Debreu, 1959. "Topological Methods in Cardinal Utility Theory," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 76, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Duncan, George T, 1977. "A Matrix Measure of Multivariate Local Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 895-903, May.
- Karni, Edi, 1979. "On Multivariate Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1391-1401, November.
- Karni, Edi, 1989. "Generalized Expected Utility Analysis of Multivariate Risk Aversion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 297-305, May.
- Safra, Zvi & Segal, Uzi, 1993. "Dominance Axioms and Multivariate Nonexpected Utility Preferences," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 321-334, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "Behavior Towards Risk with Many Commodities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 660-667, October.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk aversion; Utility theory; Ordinal preferences; Multiple objectives decision making;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2015-07-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2015-07-18 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2015-07-18 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2015-07-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Simkin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crihuil.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.