A Cantor Set of Games with No Shift-Homogeneous Equilibrium Selection
We construct a continuum of games on a countable set of players that does not possess a measurable equilibrium selection that satisfies a natural homogeneity property. The explicit nature of the construction yields counterexamples to the existence of equilibria in models with overlapping generations and in games with a continuum of players.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Feldman Building - Givat Ram - 91904 Jerusalem|
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, December.
- Khan, A. & Sun, Y., 2000.
"Non-Cooperative Games with Many Players,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications
2000.80, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Khan, M. Ali & Sun, Yeneng, 2002. "Non-cooperative games with many players," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 1761-1808 Elsevier.
- M Ali Khan & Yeneng Sun, 1996. "Non-Cooperative Games with Many Players," Economics Working Paper Archive 382, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- M Ali Khan & Yeneng Sun, 2002. "Non-Cooperative Games with Many Players," Economics Working Paper Archive 482, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Hannu Salonen, 2010. "On the existence of Nash equilibria in large games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 39(3), pages 351-357, July.
- Galor, Oded, 1992. "A Two-Sector Overlapping-Generations Model: A Global Characterization of the Dynamical System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1351-86, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tomer Siedner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.