Benchmarking Mean-Variance Portfolios. Using a Shortage Function: The Choice of Direction Vector
The shortage function has been proposed as a tool to gauge portfolio performance in multi-moment portfolio models. An open issue is how the choice of direction vector affects the efficiency measurement and, from a practical point of view, the resulting league tables. This paper illustrates empirically how the choice of direction vector affects the relative ranking of portfolios.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://research.hubrussel.be|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Robert Russell & William Schworm, 2007.
"Axiomatic Foundations of Efficiency Measurement on Data-Generated Technologies,"
2007-35, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- R. Russell & William Schworm, 2009. "Axiomatic foundations of efficiency measurement on data-generated technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 77-86, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2005.
"Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach,"
2005-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2007. "Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 135-149, January.
- K. Kerstens, 2005. "Mean-Variance Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging:A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach," Post-Print hal-00288765, HAL.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens & O. Jokung, 2007. "Mean-variance-skewness portfolio performance gauging: A general shortage function and dual approach," Post-Print hal-00211572, HAL.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens, 2010.
"Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space,"
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2010. "Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 636-656, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2009. "Portfolio Selection in Multidimensional General and Partial Moment Space," Working Papers 2009-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens, 2007. "Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space," Post-Print hal-00296711, HAL.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean Baptiste Lesourd, 2001. "Single Period Markowitz Portfolio Selection, Performance Gading and Duality: A Variation on Luenberger'a Shortage Function," Working Papers 0203, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Apr 2002.
- Jarrow, Robert A. & Purnanandam, Amiyatosh K., 2005. "A generalized coherent risk measure: The firm's perspective," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 23-29, March.
- Mencía, Javier & Sentana, Enrique, 2009.
"Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 105-121, December.
- Enrique Sentana & Javier Mencía, 2008. "Multivariate Location-Scale Mixtures Of Normals And Mean-Variance-Skwness Portfolio Allocation," Working Papers wp2008_0805, CEMFI.
- Javier Mencía & Enrique Sentana, 2009. "Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation," Working Papers 0909, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Walter Briec & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Dual Representations of Non-Parametric Technologies and Measurement of Technical Efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 71-96, July.
- repec:bbe:wpaper:200203 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:201001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.