Benchmarking Mean-Variance Portfolios. Using a Shortage Function: The Choice of Direction Vector
The shortage function has been proposed as a tool to gauge portfolio performance in multi-moment portfolio models. An open issue is how the choice of direction vector affects the efficiency measurement and, from a practical point of view, the resulting league tables. This paper illustrates empirically how the choice of direction vector affects the relative ranking of portfolios.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://research.hubrussel.be|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Javier Mencía & Enrique Sentana, 2009.
"Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation,"
Banco de Espa�a Working Papers
0909, Banco de Espa�a.
- Mencía, Javier & Sentana, Enrique, 2009. "Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 105-121, December.
- Enrique Sentana & Javier Mencía, 2008. "Multivariate Location-Scale Mixtures Of Normals And Mean-Variance-Skwness Portfolio Allocation," Working Papers wp2008_0805, CEMFI.
- R. Robert Russell & William Schworm, 2007.
"Axiomatic Foundations of Efficiency Measurement on Data-Generated Technologies,"
2007-35, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- R. Russell & William Schworm, 2009. "Axiomatic foundations of efficiency measurement on data-generated technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 77-86, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2009.
"Portfolio Selection in Multidimensional General and Partial Moment Space,"
2009-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2010. "Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 636-656, April.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean Baptiste Lesourd, 2002. "Single Period Markowitz Portfolio Selection, Performance Gauging and Duality: A Variation on Luenberger’s Shortage Function," Working Paper 200203, Department of Business Economics, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
- Walter Briec & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Dual Representations of Non-Parametric Technologies and Measurement of Technical Efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 71-96, July.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2007.
"Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach,"
INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 135-149, January.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2005. "Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach," Working Papers 2005-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Jarrow, Robert A. & Purnanandam, Amiyatosh K., 2005. "A generalized coherent risk measure: The firm's perspective," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 23-29, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:201001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.