Does Foreign Bank Entry Affect Monetary Policy Effectiveness?: Exploring the Interest Rate Pass-Through Channel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter, 2013.
"How effective is monetary transmission in low-income countries? A survey of the empirical evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 187-216.
- Prachi Mishra & Peter J Montiel, 2012. "How Effective is Monetary Transmission in Low-Income Countries? A Survey of the Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 12/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Angeliki Kourelis & Carlo Cottarelli, 1994. "Financial Structure, Bank Lending Rates, and the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 94/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje Horen, 2014.
"Foreign Banks: Trends and Impact,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(s1), pages 295-326, February.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2011. "Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," DNB Working Papers 330, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Neeltje van Horen & Stijn Claessens, 2012. "Foreign Banks; Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 12/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Saumitra N. Bhaduri & Toto Goyal, 2015.
"The bank lending channel of monetary policy transmission: evidence from an emerging market, India,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20.
- Saumitra, Bhaduri & Toto, Goyal, 2012. "The bank lending channel of monetary policy transmission: evidence from an emerging aarket, India," MPRA Paper 37997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Arena & Carmen Reinhart & Francisco Vázquez, 2006.
"The Lending Channel in Emerging Economics: Are Foreign Banks Different?,"
NBER Working Papers
12340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco F. Vazquez & Carmen Reinhart & Marco Arena, 2007. "The Lending Channel in Emerging Economies; Are Foreign Banks Different?," IMF Working Papers 07/48, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2006:i:1:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Wu, Ji & Luca, Alina C. & Jeon, Bang Nam, 2011. "Foreign bank penetration and the lending channel in emerging economies: Evidence from bank-level panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1128-1156, October.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Wu, Ji, 2014.
"The role of foreign banks in monetary policy transmission: Evidence from Asia during the crisis of 2008–9,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 96-120.
- Bang Nam Jeon & Ji Wu, 2014. "The Role of Foreign Banks in Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence from Asia during the Crisis of 2008-9," Working Papers 012014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Sukudhew Singh & Ahmad Razi & Norhana Endut & Helmi Ramlee, 2008. "Impact of financial market developments on the monetary transmission mechanism," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial market developments and their implications for monetary policy, volume 39, pages 49-99 Bank for International Settlements.
- Sami Alpanda & Uluc Aysun, 2012.
"Global Banking and the Balance Sheet Channel of Monetary Transmission,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(3), pages 141-175, September.
- Uluc Aysun & Sami Alpanda, 2011. "Global banking and the balance sheet channel of monetary transmission," Working Papers 2011-04, University of Central Florida, Department of Economics.
- Mojon, Benoît, 2000. "Financial structure and the interest rate channel of ECB monetary policy," Working Paper Series 0040, European Central Bank.
- Murillo Campello, 2002. "Internal Capital Markets in Financial Conglomerates: Evidence from Small Bank Responses to Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2773-2805, December.
- Anamaria Illes & Marco Jacopo Lombardi, 2013. "Interest rate pass-through since the financial crisis," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Fabrizio Coricelli & Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2006. "Monetary Transmission in Central and Eastern Europe: Gliding on a Wind of Change," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 44-87.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S Goldberg, 2011.
"Global Banks and International Shock Transmission: Evidence from the Crisis,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(1), pages 41-76, April.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2010. "Global banks and international shock transmission: evidence from the crisis," Staff Reports 446, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2010. "Global Banks and International Shock Transmission: Evidence from the Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlo Cottarelli & Angeliki Kourelis, 1994. "Financial Structure, Bank Lending Rates, and the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(4), pages 587-623, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perera, Anil & Wickramanayake, J., 2016. "Determinants of commercial bank retail interest rate adjustments: Evidence from a panel data model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-20.
- Sasidaran Gopalan, 2015. "Foreign Banks in Emerging Markets: Advantage or Impediment?," HKUST IEMS Thought Leadership Brief Series 2015-04, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Jan 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign bank entry; financial liberalization; financial inclusion; financial development; banking concentration; interest rates;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2015-05-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2015-05-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2015-05-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hku:wpaper:201506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carla Chan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieusthk.html .