Dynamics of Household Assets and Income Shocks in the Long-run Process of Economic Development: The Case of Rural Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2003. "Rural Poverty, Risk and Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3127.
- Indranil Dutta & James Foster & Ajit Mishra, 2011. "On measuring vulnerability to poverty," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 37(4), pages 743-761, October.
- Takashi Kurosaki, 2006. "Consumption vulnerability to risk in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 70-89.
- Takashi Kurosaki, 2003. "Specialization and Diversification in Agricultural Transformation: The Case of West Punjab, 1903–92," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 372-386.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244.
- Tewodaj Mogues, 2011. "Shocks and Asset Dynamics in Ethiopia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(1), pages 91-120.
- Fujie, Takeshi & Senda, Tetsuji, 2011. "How do Farm Households Cope with Aggregate Shocks? Evidence from the Great Depression in Prewar Japan," Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan, vol. 83(1).
- Michelle Adato & Michael Carter & Julian May, 2006. "Exploring poverty traps and social exclusion in South Africa using qualitative and quantitative data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 226-247.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kurosaki, Takashi, 2017. "Household-Level Recovery after Floods in a Tribal and Conflict-Ridden Society," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 51-63.
- Motoi Kusadokoro & Takeshi Maru & Masanori Takashima, 2016. "Asset Accumulation in Rural Households during the Post-Showa Depression Reconstruction: A Panel Data Analysis," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 221-246, June.
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Birner, Regina, 2013. "Shocks, livestock assets and climate change adaptation in Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161468, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
Keywordsasset dynamics; natural disaster; buffer stock; poverty trap; Pakistan;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O44 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
- N55 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-04-20 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .