The Dynamics of Exploitation and Class in Accumulation Economies
This paper analyses the equilibrium dynamics of exploitation and class in general accumulation economies with population growth, technical change, and bargaining by adopting a novel computational approach. First, the determinants of the emergence and persistence of exploitation and class are investigated, and the role of labour-saving technical change and, even more importantly, power is highlighted. Second, it is shown that the concept of exploitation provides the foundations for a logically coherent and empirically relevant analysis of inequalities and class relations in advanced capitalist economies. An index that identi es the exploitation level, or intensity of each individual can be de ned and its empirical distribution studied using the standard tools developed in the theory of inequality measurement.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi City, Tokyo 186|
Web page: http://www.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian Wright, 2011. "Classical macrodynamics and the labor theory of value," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 76, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Skillman, Gilbert L., 1995. "Ne Hic Saltaveris: The Marxian Theory of Exploitation After Roemer," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 309-331, October.
- Peter Flaschel, Reiner Franke and Roberto Veneziani, 2010.
"Labor Productivity and the Law of Decreasing Labor Content,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2010-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Peter Flaschel & Reiner Franke & Roberto Veneziani, 2013. "Labour productivity and the law of decreasing labour content," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 379-402.
- Roberto Veneziani, 2013.
"Exploitation, inequality and power,"
Journal of Theoretical Politics,
, vol. 25(4), pages 526-545, October.
- Ian Wright, 2008. "The Emergence of the Law of Value in a Dynamic Simple Commodity Economy," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 367-391.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Roberto, 2009.
"Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour: An Axiomatic Approach,"
CCES Discussion Paper Series
23, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Naoki Yoshihara & Roberto Veneziani, 2009. "Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour: An Axiomatic Approach," Working Papers 655, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Roberto, 2009. "Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour : An Axiomatic Approach," Discussion Paper Series a524, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2007.
"Class and Exploitation in General Convex Cone Economies,"
Discussion Paper Series
a489, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2010. "Class and exploitation in general convex cone economies," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 281-296, August.
- Veneziani, Roberto & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2014.
"One million miles to go: taking the axiomatic road to defining exploitation,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2014-10, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Veneziani, Roberto & Yoshihara, Naoki, 2014. "One Million Miles to Go: Taking the Axiomatic Road to Defining Exploitation," Discussion Paper Series 615, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:ums:papers:2014-010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gérard Duménil & Duncan Foley & Dominique Lévy, 2009. "A Note On The Formal Treatment Of Exploitation In A Model With Heterogenous Labor," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 560-567, 07.
- Simon Mohun, 2004. "The Labour Theory of Value as Foundation for Empirical Investigations," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 65-95, 02.
- Peter Skott & Frederick Guy, 2007. "Power, productivity and profits," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ian Wright, 2011. "Convergence to natural prices in simple production," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 75, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Veneziani, Roberto, 2007. "Exploitation and time," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 189-207, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hituec:621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiromichi Miyake)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.