Exploitation in Economies with Heterogeneous Preferences, Skills and Assets: An Axiomatic Approach
This paper provides a novel axiomatic analysis of exploitation as the unequal exchange of labour in economies with heterogeneous opti-mising agents endowed with unequal amounts of physical and human capital. A de.nition of exploitation is proposed, which emphasises the relational nature of exploitation and the resulting inequalities in the allocation of labour and income. It is shown that, among all of the major de.nitions, this is the only one which satis.es two formally weak and normatively salient axioms, and allows one to generalise a number of core insights of exploitation theory.
|Length:||35, 10 p.|
|Date of creation:||Aug 2013|
|Note:||This version: August 8, 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi City, Tokyo 186|
Web page: http://www.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2010.
"Class and exploitation in general convex cone economies,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 281-296, August.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2007. "Class and Exploitation in General Convex Cone Economies," Discussion Paper Series a489, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Roberto, 2009. "Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour : An Axiomatic Approach," Discussion Paper Series a524, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Roberto, 2009. "Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour: An Axiomatic Approach," CCES Discussion Paper Series 23, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Naoki Yoshihara & Roberto Veneziani, 2009. "Exploitation as the Unequal Exchange of Labour: An Axiomatic Approach," Working Papers 655, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Roemer, John E, 1980. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Marxian Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 505-530, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)