Public Procurement Transaction Costs: A Country-Level Assessment Based On Microdata
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marian W. Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller, 2012. "Third-Party Opportunism and the Nature of Public Contracts," NBER Working Papers 18636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costantino, N. & Dotoli, M. & Falagario, M. & Fanti, M. P. & Iacobellis, G., 2006. "Evaluating The Total Costs Of Purchasing Via Probabilistic And Fuzzy Reasoning," Fuzzy Economic Review, International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF), vol. 0(1), pages 69-92, May.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis González & Werner Güth, 2008.
"Bribery and public procurement: an experimental study,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 103-117, October.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006. "Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 06/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006. "Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study -," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Auction design and favoritism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 9-42, March.
- Marian Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller & Sebastian Stolorz, 2016.
"Rigidity of Public Contracts,"
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 13(3), pages 396-427, September.
- Marian Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller & Sebastian Stolorz, 2015. "Rigidity of Public Contracts," NBER Working Papers 21186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moszoro, Marian W. & Spiller, Pablo T. & Stolorz, Sebastian, 2016. "Rigidity of Public Contracts," MPRA Paper 101575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natalia Dmitrieva & Sergey Plaksin & Lyaylya Sinyatullina, 2018. "The Main Approaches to the Assessment of Organizations Costs in the Statistic Collection and Provision," Public administration issues, Higher School of Economics, issue 2, pages 71-93.
- Olga Balaeva & Andrei Yakovlev, 2017. "Estimation of costs in the Russian public procurement system," International Journal of Procurement Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 70-88.
- Luboš Dufek, 2013. "Measuring private transaction costs of public procurement: Case of the Czech Republic," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 317-325.
- Eggertsson,Thrainn, 1990. "Economic Behavior and Institutions," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521348911, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abhay Aneja & Marian Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller, 2015. "Political Bonds: Political Hazards and the Choice of Municipal Financial Instruments," NBER Working Papers 21188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giuseppe Albanese & Federico Antellini Russo & Roberto Zampino, 2015. "Crime and public procurement, evidence from municipalities," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 294, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Olga N. Balaeva & Andrei A. Yakovlev, 2015. "Estimation of Costs in the Russian Public Procurement System: A Case Study of Voronezh State University," HSE Working papers WP BRP 41/MAN/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Andrey V. Tkachenko & Andrei A. Yakovlev & Olga A. Demidova & Irina O. Volmenskikh, 2014. "The Effects Of Regulatory Reforms On Public Procurement: The Case Of A National University In Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 19/PA/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marian W. Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller, 2018. "Implications of Third Parties for Contract Design," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(1), pages 5-16, March.
- Giuseppe Albanese & Federico Antellini Russo & Roberto Zampino, 2016. "Criminalità e scelte degli amministratori locali in tema di procedure di acquisto," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 131-167.
- Huang, He & Li, Zhipeng, 2015. "Procurement auctions with ex-ante endogenous bribery," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 111-117.
- Christoph Engel, 2016. "Experimental Criminal Law. A Survey of Contributions from Law, Economics and Criminology," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2016_07, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- christoph Engel, 2005. "Voice over IP. Competition Policy and Regulation," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2005_26, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Gow, Hamish R. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1998. "How Foreign Direct Investment Has Stimulated Growth In The Central And Eastern European Agri-Food Sectors: Vertical Contracting And The Role Of Private Enforcement Capital," PRG Working Papers 31879, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Wang, Hui & Riedinger, Jeffrey & Jin, Songqing, 2015. "Land documents, tenure security and land rental development: Panel evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 220-235.
- Tamara Todorova, 2004. "The Firm in the Context of the Theory of Transaction Costs," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 55-74.
- Kim, Jongwook & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2008. "A Strategic Theory of the Firm as a Nexus of Incomplete Contracts: A Property Rights Approach," Working Papers 08-0108, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Caballero-Miguez, Gonzalo & Fernández-González, Raquel, 2015. "Institutional analysis, allocation of liabilities and third-party enforcement via courts: The case of the Prestige oil spill," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 90-101.
- Vetter, Stefan, 2012. "Delegation and Rewards," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 378, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Carruthers, Bruce G., 1995. "Accounting, ambiguity, and the new institutionalism," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 313-328, May.
- Mwangi, Esther, 2007. "Subdividing the Commons: Distributional Conflict in the Transition from Collective to Individual Property Rights in Kenya's Maasailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 815-834, May.
- Seth W. Norton, 2003. "Economic Institutions and Human Well-Being: A Cross-National Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 23-40, Winter.
- Bertrand V. Quélin & Ilze Kivleniece & Sergio Lazzarini, 2017. "Public-Private Collaboration, Hybridity and Social Value: Towards New Theoretical Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(6), pages 763-792, September.
- Jean Beuve & Marian W. Moszoro & Stéphane Saussier, 2019.
"Political contestability and public contract rigidity: An analysis of procurement contracts,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 316-335, April.
- Beuve, Jean & Moszoro, Marian & Saussier, Stéphane, 2019. "Political Contestability and Public Contract Rigidity: An Analysis of Procurement Contracts," MPRA Paper 102694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordspublic procurement; public procurement costs; public customers; suppliers.;
All these keywords.
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2019-02-04 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-REG-2019-02-04 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRA-2019-02-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:20/psp/2018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Shamil Abdulaev or Shamil Abdulaev (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.