Does Inflation and High Taxes Increase Bank Leverage?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sironi, Andrea, 2003.
" Testing for Market Discipline in the European Banking Industry: Evidence from Subordinated Debt Issues,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 443-472, June.
- Andrea Sironi, 2000. "Testing for market discipline in the European banking industry: evidence from subordinated debt issues," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Herring, Richard J. & Szego, Giorgio P., 1995.
"The role of capital in financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 393-430, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szegö, 1995. "The Role of Capital in Financial Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szego, 1995. "The role of capital in financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joan Farre-Mensa & Roni Michaely & Martin Schmalz, 2014.
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 75-134, December.
- Merton, Robert C., 1995.
"Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995. "Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Christina D, 1986. "Is the Stabilization of the Postwar Economy a Figment of the Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 314-334, June.
- Englund, Peter, 1999. "The Swedish Banking Crisis: Roots and Consequences," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 80-97, Autumn.
- Bohlin, Jan, 2003. "Swedish historical national accounts: The fifth generation," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 73-97, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:442-453 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank leverage; Capital-asset ratio; Inflation; Corporate taxes;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-04-30 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2005-04-30 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ratioi:0069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin Korpi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ratiose.html .