How Prevalent is Post-Decision Dissonance? Some Doubts and New Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Keith Chen, 2008.
"Rationalization and Cognitive Dissonance: Do Choices Affect or Reflect Preferences?,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000002336, David K. Levine.
- M. Keith Chen, 2008. "Rationalization and Cognitive Dissonance: Do Choices Affect or Reflect Preferences?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1669, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mikael Elinder, 2012.
"Correcting mistakes: cognitive dissonance and political attitudes in Sweden and the United States,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 235-249, October.
- Elinder, Mikael, 2009. "Correcting Mistakes: Cognitive Dissonance and Political Attitudes in Sweden and the United States," Working Paper Series 2009:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Elinder, Mikael, 2009. "Correcting Mistakes: Cognitive Dissonance and Political Attitudes in Sweden and the United States," Working Paper Series 802, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Steinar Holden, 2009. "Do Choices Affect Preferences? Some Doubts and New Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 2868, CESifo.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2012.
"As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1418-1434.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2010. "As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming," MPRA Paper 27259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2010. "As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming," MPRA Paper 23638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Abid & Ahmed Imran Hunjra & Babar Khalid, 2015. "The Impact of Safety Training on the Performance of Employees of an Electricity Distribution Company in Pakistan," Journal of Policy Research (JPR), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 1(3), pages 100-116, September.
- Géraldine Coppin & Sylvain Delplanque & Christelle Porcherot & Isabelle Cayeux & David Sander, 2012. "When Flexibility Is Stable: Implicit Long-Term Shaping of Olfactory Preferences," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(6), pages 1-13, June.
- Cherepavov, Vadim & Feddersen, Timothy & Sandroni, Alvaro, 2013. "Rationalization," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(3), September.
- Davis, Robert & Lang, Bodo, 2012. "Modeling the effect of self-efficacy on game usage and purchase behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 67-77.
- Bellemare, Marc F. & Holmberg, Andrew M., 2010. "The Determinants of Music Piracy in a Sample of College Students," MPRA Paper 23641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jonathan Lowell, 2012. "Managers and Moral Dissonance: Self Justification as a Big Threat to Ethical Management?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 17-25, January.
- Arad, Ayala, 2013. "Past decisions do affect future choices: An experimental demonstration," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 267-277.
- Carlos AlÃ³s-Ferrer & Fei Shi, 2015. "Choice-induced preference change and the free-choice paradigm: A clarification," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 10(1), pages 34-49, January.
More about this item
Keywordspost-decision dissonance; cognitive dissonance; preferences;
All these keywords.
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2010-02-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-02-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2010-02-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2009_018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mari Strønstad Øverås (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.